Anyone here a Formula 1 fan?

No. It was dark the only time I saw it, with bad lighting. It was silver, and I want to say it had a slight warm cast, but the warmth could have been due to the lighting.

CD
Too bad it wasn't white with the blue stripe. Did it have any credentials I wonder. Those as you know are in the most sought and the most expensive.

Anyway, I get together with 2 of my buddies when there's an F1 race, well pretty much every race and we meet in Peterborough
at Al's place. We've been doing this for years. We have our traditions which is espresso and sambuca while watching the race and we or should say I cook foods that represents the Country where the race is being held, so this weekend it's Monaco near the Cote d Azur and the French Riviera.

Monaco Menu:

Saturday Lunch:
Pan Bagnat
Laurent Perrier Rose Champagne

Saturday Dinner:
Escargot a la Bourguignone
Chardonnay
Bouillabaisse with Grilled Baguette and Rouille
Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc
Rum Babas

Sunday Morning:
Pain au Chocolate
Espresso

Sunday Brunch:
Moules Frites
Chablis 1 er Cru

And beer.

Loving the menu. Although with my basic French, I 'll need some time to break down the titles😄👍

I think it is so charming when men get together for some fun/hobby. Also here for talk around a subject. You all rock, gentlmen, members!😎😎😎💪💪💪

The tyre change is the thing I admire at F1. Such timing, teamwork, precision, beyond impressed.

Admirable is the driving skillset. The concentration. The strategy behind it.

If I ever watch it(don't have Tv at home😎), it is pure relaxation.

I might awe the scenery, the plants😄🍀🌾but too ignorant to follow it as sport.

Loving the menu. Although with my basic French, I 'll need some time to break down the titles😄👍

I think it is so charming when men get together for some fun/hobby. Also here for talk around a subject. You all rock, gentlmen, members!😎😎😎💪💪💪

The tyre change is the thing I admire at F1. Such timing, teamwork, precision, beyond impressed.

Admirable is the driving skillset. The concentration. The strategy behind it.

If I ever watch it(don't have Tv at home😎), it is pure relaxation.

I might awe the scenery, the plants😄🍀🌾but too ignorant to follow it as sport.
Thanks muchly, it's appreciated. Yeah, Red Bull can do a 4 tire change sub 2 seconds, but mid 3's are normal.

I have automotive press photo credentials, so I can go anywhere at races. I have owned four Audis, and I'm a big Audisport fan. I have a bunch of good shots of the ALMS Audis and their drivers.

CD
Meant to tell you this earlier, then forgot, because age. Anyway, I was at Mosport with Audi back in the mid 2000's I think the S8 intro, can't remember but the Audi Le Man drivers were there and part of the spectacle was to co-pilot with one of them and took 5 laps in a RS4 with Allan McNish. That was quite the experience. Cheers.

Yip,petrol head here as well. Always loved big cars and fast cars. We used to have big racing here in the 60s thru to 2000?
The big race was lady wigram trophy. Me and mates use to jump fences to get in. Saw keke Rosberg win it one year. Then as I got older I raced stock cars. (Teens ) then a mate raced a car in Oscar series (open saloon car) mustangs Camarillo etc. giggle pdl mustang, my hero car.
Kiwis are well represented on the world stage as caseydog will know.
We have two drivers in the Indy cars racing ATM.
Scott Dixon. I personally find him arrogant and don't like him.
Scott McLaughlin my current hero, he's the real deal.
Had a 66 notchback for 20 years, wish I kept it!
Sons also a petrol head, he owned s 65 chev Impala. He's currently racing go karts, he's pretty good but he's small.
Wife drives a V 8 5 litre au series 3 falcon. Sport kitted by tichford.
Next question ? Lol.

Russ

Yip,petrol head here as well. Always loved big cars and fast cars. We used to have big racing here in the 60s thru to 2000?
The big race was lady wigram trophy. Me and mates use to jump fences to get in. Saw keke Rosberg win it one year. Then as I got older I raced stock cars. (Teens ) then a mate raced a car in Oscar series (open saloon car) mustangs Camarillo etc. giggle pdl mustang, my hero car.
Kiwis are well represented on the world stage as caseydog will know.
We have two drivers in the Indy cars racing ATM.
Scott Dixon. I personally find him arrogant and don't like him.
Scott McLaughlin my current hero, he's the real deal.
Had a 66 notchback for 20 years, wish I kept it!
Sons also a petrol head, he owned s 65 chev Impala. He's currently racing go karts, he's pretty good but he's small.
Wife drives a V 8 5 litre au series 3 falcon. Sport kitted by tichford.
Next question ? Lol.

Russ
Love your V8 series. Problem in Canada there no audience and get basically squat in broadcasting. I generally youtube it once in a while. I admit though, i don't know much about it. Cheers

Love your V8 series. Problem in Canada there no audience and get basically squat in broadcasting. I generally youtube it once in a while. I admit though, i don't know much about it. Cheers
Wife's car is kitted with twin LOUD sound, it's what makes it, you can't beat that rumble.
The big race down under is the Bathurst 500. My son and I watch the whole day.

Russ

That track is crazy, in a good way.

II wouldn't mind going one year but I don't like crowds. They are massive over there, they camp for days there. I once flew into Adelaide for the F1 years ago, I went on bus to practice session and the crowds drove me crazy. I went back to my motel and cab to airport and flew to Melbourne. I'm comfortable in Melbourne.

Russ

I can't believe it, but I have not been to Circuit of the Americas (COTA) near San Antonio, Texas -- yet. Diver seem to like it. It is supposedly a very "technical" track. I doubt I will go during the F1 race, unless I have some good credentials. Otherwise, the price is way too high for my budget, and the crowds are nuts.

Here is a one lap tour...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhY8BHeFdxk

CD

Back
Top Bottom