Cryptic food and drink

"Aus" is fine, but there isn't really anything to say that it is part of the overall anagram (merely my opinion, of course).
What could have been added to indicate that it was part of the anagram? I thought that given it followed all the other words in the anagram it would be OK.

I'd say that it's fairly clear that "evoke a trip" is an anagram or part of one. The last "down under" bit doesn't suggest that to me. I feel that it suggests adding either "-aus" or "-oz" to the end of something else.

Completely off the subject, I have just discovered that the sweet potato is part of the Convolvulaceae genus and is thus part of the morning glory family. A curious fact of which I was completely unaware.

Completely off the subject, I have just discovered that the sweet potato is part of the Convolvulaceae genus and is thus part of the morning glory family. A curious fact of which I was completely unaware.
That's ironic. I dislike sweet potatoes! I called myself Morning Glory on poetry and writing 'on-line email lists' back in the mid 90's and got some recognition for my poetry and a few published. I've stuck with that name ever since. Its even my Facebook name! I chose it because it is undoubtedly my favourite flower and because it features a lot in Haiku and Chinese poetry. I rather wish I hadn't chosen it in some ways because besides being related to sweet potatoes it has another unfortunate connotation!

So we're back in France again.

What have the Normans ever done for us? Coming over here and invading the place, building funny churches, bringing wine (and cider!) over here, ensuring that there is an endless supply of people called Bill, inventing the census...

Oh, and the cheese.

Back
Top Bottom