Cryptic food and drink

Nothing to do with cryptic clues, but relevant to something earlier in this thread...a consignment of beer has arrived from Adnams, including some Oyster Stout. This is new to the Mallard Tavern and the regulars are looking forward to a tasting session soon.

Adnams (I did mention it).

The ingredients quite clearly state water, malted barley, yeast and hops. Thus, I can state that no oysters were harmed in the making of this beer. The label also says "rich and nutty." Rather like me. Apart from the first bit, obviously.

Adnams (I did mention it).

The ingredients quite clearly state water, malted barley, yeast and hops. Thus, I can state that no oysters were harmed in the making of this beer. The label also says "rich and nutty." Rather like me. Apart from the first bit, obviously.
Sorry - I'm not being observant. Migraine...

Stuck! I thought perhaps a certain Ethiopian bread; right number of letters but I can't make the clue fit. I know the replacement words for 'dry' I think.

While I consider this, I was reminded earlier today of an old Nottingham brewery called Mallard. It was run by a gentleman called Phil Mallard. Comrade Mallard produced a wide range of beers, all of which had duck related names. Sadly, he packed it in a few years ago to do other things.

Fill mallard. Good concept.

Back
Top Bottom