Cryptic food and drink

Excellent...now we can move on to the Azed crossword in The Observer. Chambers Dictionary at the ready.
NO! I refuse to enter that territory. I know I can't do that. I like clever word play but when you have never heard of the words that are the answers, you know you are beaten. So, you can do Azed, @Duck59? :eek:

I may need a translation!

Or at very least a pointer,.

Pretty please....
You may need to know that 'duck', in crossword clues, can refer to the the letter o (from the zero score in cricket). It should be fairly straightforward if you take that into account and ignore punctuation. A lot of cryptic clues use punctuation to confuse.

What others have I missed that you think I might get?
@Duck59 posted this clue: Tailless duck gets go-ahead for a relaxing drink (5,3)
Because I knew the answer I responded with an alternative: Manic teenager makes soothing drink.(5,3)

Both have the same answer. Quite straightforward! Well, my clue is easier. Try my clue first. @Duck59 's is not a straightforward anagram. Mine is!

Cooked without duck (truly!). Suffering Christmas hangover? (4,6)

You may need to know that 'duck', in crossword clues, can refer to the the letter o (from the zero score in cricket). It should be fairly straightforward if you take that into account and ignore punctuation. A lot of cryptic clues use punctuation to confuse.

Perhaps because I haven't yet had my first coffee of the morning that clue didn't do much to help me sadly. What our how does the knowledge about a cricketing duck help me please? Is it a way of dividing the words up? Working out if there's an anagram to be found? All I get is coq au vin but that hardly meets the 4, 6 of the answer or the letters if there is an anagram to be had!

@Duck59 posted this clue: Tailless duck gets go-ahead for a relaxing drink (5,3)
Because I knew the answer I responded with an alternative: Manic teenager makes soothing drink.(5,3)

Both have the same answer. Quite straightforward! Well, my clue is easier. Try my clue first. @Duck59 's is not a straightforward anagram. Mine is!
I think I get this one. Manic means mixed up all together so the word in looking for is all one word, I.e. 8 letters, not separated out as normal? So I took the word teenager and the only soothing drink I could come up with from there was
tea

This pretty much have me the only option I could have which was
green tea
but what I can't see is how that answer would come from @Duck59 clue.

Back
Top Bottom