Cryptic food and drink

I love it - especially with some chilli pickle and chips.
Here's one you can both eat:
Seduce with a bra! Recipe for naughtiness with Christmas dinner? (5,5)
I'm also totally lost with this one because I can't see what to use as the anagram clue even taking recipe (assuming that means anagram or mixture) into account. Naughtiness might mean something like a letter wrong or one letter too many? Or may be one letter not enough? But I can't see any combination that could make 5, 5 up tasking that into account. Even guessing at roast as one of the 5 leaves me lost because I can't see that anywhere either.... :cry:

I think I get this one. Manic means mixed up all together so the word in looking for is all one word, I.e. 8 letters, not separated out as normal? So I took the word teenager and the only soothing drink I could come up with from there was
tea

This pretty much have me the only option I could have which was
green tea
but what I can't see is how that answer would come from @Duck59 clue.

The duck in my clue is 'teal' and has no tail, hence 'tea'. 'Go ahead' refers to green for go, with the additional hint that the green bit goes first.

I think I get this one. Manic means mixed up all together so the word in looking for is all one word, I.e. 8 letters, not separated out as normal? So I took the word teenager and the only soothing drink I could come up with from there was
tea

This pretty much have me the only option I could have which was
green tea
but what I can't see is how that answer would come from @Duck59 clue.
Well done! @Duck59's is not completely anagramatic - he has explained it, I see.

I'm also totally lost with this one because I can't see what to use as the anagram clue even taking recipe (assuming that means anagram or mixture) into account. Naughtiness might mean something like a letter wrong or one letter too many? Or may be one letter not enough? But I can't see any combination that could make 5, 5 up tasking that into account. Even guessing at roast as one of the 5 leaves me lost because I can't see that anywhere either.... :cry:
'Recipe' is the indicator - correct! The indicator usually comes before or after the words making up the anagram. Try counting the letters in words that come before/after. Words such as 'with' may simply indicate that you need to put one set of words 'with' another to make up the anagram. The definition part of the clue is using a pun in a way...

Ducks eat a curious range of herbal stuff (7)

This one is an example of using the letter 'o' for 'duck' or in this case two ducks. 'Curious' points to an anagram of 'range' so we have an 'o' at either end of the answer and an anagram of 'range' in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom