Favorite pie!

Pumpkin pie is also a favourite, especially with a heavy hit of cinnamon and nutmeg, but generally go for sharper fruit in a sweet pie - rhubarb or gooseberry. Fave savoury pie has to be beef and Stilton with a suet shortcrust. Or a good handmade pork pie.
If Pumpkin pie is a favourite, then why not join in theThe CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current ingredient is pumpkin!

Not sure an Englishman is best qualified to enter an American classic dish. Will dig out recipe though - would be interested in feedback from the experts
Anything goes for the recipe challenge! It doesn't need to be your own recipe nor do you need to cook it (though I always do)! Its just a bit of fun really...

Anything goes for the recipe challenge! It doesn't need to be your own recipe nor do you need to cook it (though I always do)! Its just a bit of fun really...

Ok, what's the worst that can happen? Getting shot down by cousins over the water and told how to do it properly = result! Will look out recipe and post in the morning.

The other week we were in a resort down in a southern province. On the way back home, there is this pie factory that sells freshly-baked buko pie. Buko is the term for young coconut. The pie is so delicious especially so that you eat it while still hot. Great with a soda or fruit juice. However, that pie factory has a lot of customers that the waiting time is 30 minutes. The last time we were there, I was not able to buy because we didn't have the time to waste, we still have a long wayh to travel for home. But when you go to the Philippines, don't leave without sampling Buko Pie from Laguna.

We were in London yesterday and started our visit in a pub called the Bree Louise, their beef, mushroom and red wine pie was rather tasty.

The little fella in the picture is called Phileas, we took him with us for a day out and he has been busy posting pictures of his visit on twitter

DSCN2427.JPG

Back
Top Bottom