New Kitchen Toys!

Cuisinart Toaster..jpg

I'm thinking about getting this toaster.

Don't get me started on toasters. OK - how or why can toasters be made that don't fit standard bread slices (let alone other sizes)? There are countless posts about this on the internet. They toast a slice but leave the top un-toasted! I have a toaster at the moment that more or less toasts a whole slice. One side more than the other but at least the top of the slice is toasted.

Don't get me started on toasters. OK - how or why can toasters be made that don't fit standard bread slices (let alone other sizes)? There are countless posts about this on the internet. They toast a slice but leave the top un-toasted! I have a toaster at the moment that more or less toasts a whole slice. One side more than the other but at least the top of the slice is toasted.
This new one is good. I read a lot of reviews beforehand. It toasts evenly (so far) and gets the entire slice of bread with the exception of the crust at the very top... Success! It even has a count down timer so you can see how long is left, a button that is called a little bit more and guess what that does? And it had a very polite beep to say your toast is ready. The toast doesn't jump out of the toaster either! Self centering on both slices individually (if you very my drift).... Happy so far

The one that I have now is in the shape of a football.

But it only toasts on one side! On the other side, it Burns the team logo onto it! I don't like it. :headshake::mad:

I've never used standard UK sliced bread in my toaster, because I do not buy it, but my Waring toaster is much better at toasting home made (and therefore any shape) bread providing I can keep the slices an equal thickness, which is why my newly found again bread slicing guide is getting used more and more. It toasts two "standard" slices at a time (although I can sometimes get four slices of my home made bread in it) and can also toast from frozen without a defrost setting, and reheat without a reheat setting, extremely well. It does have a bagel setting which is handy for toasting bagels, buns, and rolls. The good news was that Tesco did it for less than half the price that Amazon do it for, and half the price that Groupon do it for. The bad news is that Tesco no longer stock it if anyone is thinking of buying one :laugh:

Everyone loves new kitchen toys! The trick is not to go overboard like I once did in the old apartment!! :headshake:

I treated myself to a baking stone. It's cast iron and reversible (the other side is a griddle)

baking stone.jpg

I also treated myself to a new 3 lb loaf tin. I found two while I was looking for something else, but they were both bought in the early 1970s and had suffered badly.

Bought a few more Kitchen toys. A coffee maker, toaster, electric kettle & an electric knife.
Just need a blender. :wink:

Last edited:
After my Omniblend packed up we've taken the plunge and after 2 months of trying hard to survive without it and constantly turning around to try to use it, we have taken the plunge and upgraded to a Vitamix. We've gone for one of the new models with preprogrammed settings as well as manual control... Not cheap but comes with a 10 yr warranty and we've realised just how much we actually do use one!

A3500i_Gray.jpg

Seems EVERYONE has the bug!! The New Kitchen Toy bug!! Hah!! How much was your Vitamix machine? :wink:
Enough to qualify for not repairing the car this month (cosmetic damage dating back from July last year when we both had pneumonia on the day I nearly died) and also to qualify for a AUD$300 discount. Though that said, what it replaced wasn't that cheap either (ok, half the price) and only came with a 2 yr warranty.
But it is something we now know we use regularly because we both are turning around so frequently trying to use it despite the fact it had been broken since before Christmas. We finally reached the conclusion that spending less than AUD$xxx (in other words three figures in aussie dollars) per year of warranty was more than worth it (that's roughly £50 a yr of warranty for those in the UK). Remember this thing makes hot soups in 6 minutes and nut butters, though best done on separate occasions unless you are using cashew nuts as a creamer in the soup... It also makes sorbets and ice cream though I've not had chance to try that out yet! It is part of our life and life style to eat raw foods and that needs a powerful processor.

Back
Top Bottom