New to CookingBites? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all! I Kana (pronounced Conna) and I'm in north west Tennessee. I just started cooking about 4 years ago. Now I'm trying to make every recipe I can get my hands on. In sure everyone knows that cooking isn't something you'll pick up in four short years. So I'm still learning as much as I can and always willing to share what I know already.
welcome along to cooking bites ,some interesting posts so far,very different to the food we would have in the uk,different ingredients ,thank you very much for making me look at others food habits and wording
every day is a learning day
:okay:

I've been posting for a few weeks now, so thought I ought to introduce myself. The most important thing to know is that I'm obsessed by cooking. Yes I do mean obsessed. I don't count sheep to get to sleep, I run through menus and recipes in my head until I fall asleep. I read cookery books like novels. I watch TV cooking channels more than any other channels. I always go on holidays which are in self-catering apartments or cottages, so I can cook every day. I carry my chef's knife and recipe book with me when I visit friends. I could go on...

I live in Maidstone, Kent, UK with partner and grown-up kids so I'm cooking for 5 most days (or perhaps I should say 4) for here's the rub... I love to eat too, I also love to drink (wine and real ale), but I do like to stay slim (this is mostly for vanity rather than health!). So I'm on a semi-permanent diet most of the week, to allow indulgences on the other days. It doesn't really bother me as I love to cook so much that I just regard it as working in a restaurant where I get to taste everything, serve it up aesthetically and wait for compliments! Well, it works for me, and I'm now at target weight. Luckily I don't have a sweet tooth and don't really like chocolate (unless it very dark and bitter), so I'm not tempted by cakes etc. Mostly I cook English traditional food, Indian/Asian, Moroccan, Greek, French and Italian style dishes and sometimes Caribbean style dishes. I also make a lot of bread.

I'm surprised that there seemed to be so few active food forums out there. I joined the Delia forums, thinking that as she is so well known in the UK, it might be quite lively. But the traffic is very slow there. This forum seems great and much busier - so well done founders!

I'm surprised that there seemed to be so few active food forums out there. I joined the Delia forums, thinking that as she is so well known in the UK, it might be quite lively. But the traffic is very slow there. This forum seems great and much busier - so well done founders!

Thanks a lot - glad you're enjoying it. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Hello everyone, my name is Penny from the UK. Nice to meet you all here. I am just excited to start hope we learn from each other.

hallo everyone, Duncan here, I love mixing different ingredients, all in an effort of coming up with a super delicacy

So sorry.
That I missed your join, Duncan.
Welcome aboard, buddy!! :wink: :welcome:

Last edited:
I've been posting for a few weeks now, so thought I ought to introduce myself. The most important thing to know is that I'm obsessed by cooking. Yes I do mean obsessed. I don't count sheep to get to sleep, I run through menus and recipes in my head until I fall asleep. I read cookery books like novels. I watch TV cooking channels more than any other channels. I always go on holidays which are in self-catering apartments or cottages, so I can cook every day. I carry my chef's knife and recipe book with me when I visit friends. I could go on...

I live in Maidstone, Kent, UK with partner and grown-up kids so I'm cooking for 5 most days (or perhaps I should say 4) for here's the rub... I love to eat too, I also love to drink (wine and real ale), but I do like to stay slim (this is mostly for vanity rather than health!). So I'm on a semi-permanent diet most of the week, to allow indulgences on the other days. It doesn't really bother me as I love to cook so much that I just regard it as working in a restaurant where I get to taste everything, serve it up aesthetically and wait for compliments! Well, it works for me, and I'm now at target weight. Luckily I don't have a sweet tooth and don't really like chocolate (unless it very dark and bitter), so I'm not tempted by cakes etc. Mostly I cook English traditional food, Indian/Asian, Moroccan, Greek, French and Italian style dishes and sometimes Caribbean style dishes. I also make a lot of bread.

Thanks, Morning Glory!
I feel the same way!! One of the cooking forums that I'm a member & super moderator of, was once at the top of Google's list of cooking forums. It stayed there for quite a while. Then it started to slip off. One possible reason is that its format was changed, we've had a few admins that had abandoned the forum after promising to fix it! Things just weren't working like they were when we had the old format.

Long story short, the traffic there now is very slow. And spammers were getting in & posting spamming threads. I'm still there, but I don't visit that forum as often as I used to.
But THIS one has to be the one that I frequent the most out of all of the ones where I'm a member. It's good, and the popularity is very high!! :wink: :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, nice to be here.

I do like cooking, but I often get stuck for inspiration, and end up eating the same things - which gets dull. There's lots I'd like to make but I'm just a little unsure sometimes.

My dream is to own a Kenwood mixer....oh the possibilities!

Baking is my favourite part of cooking, I love cake, and biscuits. Looking forward to getting some good ideas and sharing!

I'm Vickie, I live in Kendal and I have a grown up child (husband), 4 dogs, a cat, 4 degus and a bearded dragon. I run my own craft business and I've never managed to make a good meringue.

Hi @vickie1982 and welcome to CookingBites.

I am lucky enough to have a Kenwood Chef. I managed to get a good deal second hand off ebay from someone local. It is worth watching the older ones which are my preferred models. The ones with the glass bowls (its pyrex so don't worry they don't break easily at all). They just go on and on and on... and you often find someone getting rid of them for their grandparents who can no longer lift them, so its worth saving for and you can often get them for less than £100. My last one I paid £50 for in exactly those circumstances!

Hello everyone! My name is Dawn and I am a stay at home wife and mother of two. I reside in Colorado on our small farm. I enjoy cooking new and different food for my family and am always looking for exciting recipes. I look forward to chatting on this site!

Hi everyone, nice to be here.

I do like cooking, but I often get stuck for inspiration, and end up eating the same things - which gets dull. There's lots I'd like to make but I'm just a little unsure sometimes.

My dream is to own a Kenwood mixer....oh the possibilities!

Baking is my favourite part of cooking, I love cake, and biscuits. Looking forward to getting some good ideas and sharing!

I'm Vickie, I live in Kendal and I have a grown up child (husband), 4 dogs, a cat, 4 degus and a bearded dragon. I run my own craft business and I've never managed to make a good meringue.
Welcome along
:welcome:

Hello everyone! My name is Dawn and I am a stay at home wife and mother of two. I reside in Colorado on our small farm. I enjoy cooking new and different food for my family and am always looking for exciting recipes. I look forward to chatting on this site!
Welcome along dawn
:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom