The CookingBites recipe challenge: aubergine (eggplant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
7:23 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is aubergine (eggplant) and karadekoolaid is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe* which uses aubergine, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight (close of day) Sunday 20th August UK time (GMT). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* recipes must be posted within the time frame of the challenge but could be recipes you have made in the past, so long as they haven't already been posted on the forum as a recipe thread.

Last edited:
I've never seen or heard of an aubergine/eggplant cocktail, Thank God. I'm sure some deranged Master Brewer is cooking up a Hazy Pale Ale with aubergine infusion, somewhere, but I just hope he drops dead before he finishes.
However: I have cooked (and eaten) aubergine recipes from Venezuela, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Lebanon, Georgia, France, Turkey, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Bangladesh.
That should give you some ideas... :cool: :cool:
There are also over 58 million aubergine recipes on the web

My only problem is coming up with a recipe I haven't posted already. I think I have something like 18 recipes for aubergines already posted! I love them because they are so versatile and lend themselves to so many cuisines - so I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some new recipes.

There are gluten free cakes which can be made using aubergine...

Looks like I’ll have to save my eggplant shopping for the weekend; this is all that was on offer at my local Kroger:

IMG_5186.jpeg

They’re either very popular, or not popular at all…I know which one I’m going for.

I just posted my best Baba ghanou recipe recently, so that's out. But I've sure got something else coming up, so I will soon post something.

Recipe - Creamy Baba Ghanou with yoghurt (not an entry)
Thanks for reposting it.
My family does not like aubergine at all but this (unlike other versions) might just change their minds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom