The CookingBites recipe challenge: aubergine (eggplant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping to get a final (6th entry) in but alas there is no time. I still intend to make it, as it could be an interesting vegetarian recipe idea: aubergine 'au poivre' with butter beans.

We currently have 15 entries - to easily view entries as a list with links, simply click on the cookingbites recipe challenge tag.

There are 1 and a quarter hours until the challenge closes, as I write

Right. I've made a decision.
I counted 16 entries in total : 2 from TastyReuben, 5 from MorningGlory, 5 from Medtran49, 3 from Satnav and 1 from MsMofet.
There were two entries which were so similar, and so delicious, that deciding which one was the winner was extremely difficult.
Those two were:
Baked aubergine with spiced mince beef and whipped feta (Morning Glory) and
Karnıyarik (Turkish Stuffed Aubergines) (SatNavSays StraightOn).

The winner, by a very, very tiny margin, is SatNav!

I counted 16 entries in total : 2 from TastyReuben, 5 from MorningGlory, 5 from Medtran49, 3 from Satnav and 1 from MsMofet.
There were two entries which were so similar, and so delicious, that deciding which one was the winner was extremely difficult.
Those two were:

Wow, thank you. It's been a long time since I last won.

I'll have to have a good think on ingredients and look at the list.

Those two were:

I only counted 15 entries by using the tag. I think maybe someone forgot to tag a recipe? medtran49 seems to have 4 not 5. Doesn''t really matter now though.

Last edited:
Well I've been thinking overnight and I've narrowed the choice down to a couple of options.

And I've decided to go with the cheapest option, that also keeps things pretty open.

Anything based on lentils.
So anything with lentil in the name, and I'll accept lentil flour, lentil protein powder/isolate (though I suspect in the only one with that in their pantry!) lentil pasta (it is out there and in my pantry), any tinned or dried lentils. Split peas are out though.

Some handy references for people

Difference Between Split Peas & Lentils | Livestrong.com

Lentils | BBC Good Food

Home of Lentils.Org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom