The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Butter

@morning glory wins the honorary Busy Bee Award (which I just made up).

:laugh:

Congratulations @MypinchofItaly! I like the fact that a dish using lard was the winner. Its so out of fashion as an ingredient (in the UK and US) but its brilliant.

Its over to you to choose the next ingredient. Please post your choice in this thread and we will set up the new challenge.

:laugh:

Congratulations @MypinchofItaly! I like the fact that a dish using lard was the winner. Its so out of fashion as an ingredient (in the UK and US) but its brilliant.

Its over to you to choose the next ingredient. Please post your choice in this thread and we will set up the new challenge.

Oh, out of fashion? how many things are you losing then ....yes I'll post here my ingredient soon

Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Judge @The Late Night Gourmet who won the previous challenge has chosen butter and other cooking fats or vegan/vegetarian butters as the next ingredient.

View attachment 21620

To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring butter, margarine, lard or other cooking fat as a new thread, tag it "CookingBites Recipe Challenge" and post a link to it in this thread.

The challenge will run for four weeks, ending at 12:00 GMT on 31st January.

Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Under the category of "You Snooze, You Lose" :sleep:

I created this delicious Garlic Butter Cauliflower recipe on February 1st. And this recipe had BUTTER written all over it!!!

Check out the added twist of serving it with Snap Peas in a buttery coconut milk sauce. As Homer Simpson might say, "Mmmmm...Butter".

Under the category of "You Snooze, You Lose" :sleep:

I created this delicious Garlic Butter Cauliflower recipe on February 1st. And this recipe had BUTTER written all over it!!!

Check out the added twist of serving it with Snap Peas in a buttery coconut milk sauce. As Homer Simpson might say, "Mmmmm...Butter".

Looks lovely! What a shame you missed the deadline. I hope you enter the new challenge.

congratulations @MypinchofItaly an also to @morning glory for winning the honorary Busy Bee award!!!!!!

Now since were in the coffee challenge. Two things come to mind. One, Italy.... some of the best coffee brewed is all I need.

Ethiopian coffee is by far really delish too. If I had to vote today.. and if I upset any Italians..... I would go for an Ethiopian coffee just ever so slightly over Italian roasted.

As a recipe oh umm brew to liking. I know ........ I'm just teasing.

Ethiopian coffee is by far really delish too. If I had to vote today.. and if I upset any Italians..... I would go for an Ethiopian coffee just ever so slightly over Italian roasted.

I wouldn't worry - coffee isn't grown in Italy anyway - map showing coffee growing places:

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 21.10.26.png

since im a coffee snob and by the way thank you for the map everyone needs a coffee map in their life. Most beans are imported and roasted to that regions specs., tastes and other desires. I dont worry to much about what other people think.
I wouldn't worry - coffee isn't grown in Italy anyway - map showing coffee growing places:

View attachment 22249

since im a coffee snob and by the way thank you for the map everyone needs a coffee map in their life. Most beans are imported and roasted to that regions specs., tastes and other desires. I dont worry to much about what other people think.

sorry! :oops:

To be honest, I confess I only had a hazy idea where coffee came from until I looked it up.

Last edited:
What about the most expensive coffee from the rear of a monkey, from Bali, I never tried it when there, never knew it existed until about 10 years ago.

Russ

congratulations @MypinchofItaly an also to @morning glory for winning the honorary Busy Bee award!!!!!!

Now since were in the coffee challenge. Two things come to mind. One, Italy.... some of the best coffee brewed is all I need.

As a recipe oh umm brew to liking. I know ........ I'm just teasing.

Thank you @smellycat
Coffee is not an Italian product, we do not have coffee crops. Ours is the way this product is made,in fact it is called Italian-style coffee (also known as espresso). I do not think I've ever tasted an Ethiopian coffee, Or maybe I did it but I never knew it! Anyway, I'd like to learn more (But first I have to stop being a little upset :happy:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom