The CookingBites recipe challenge: cream cheese

I'm "cooking" up an idea (pardon the pun) for making fried sushi balls, kinda like arancini but thinking raw salmon, cream cheese, etc., or something along those lines for the filling. I just don't want the fish to be cooked so wondering if I freeze it or chill it until almost frozen before filling the rice balls if it will still cook inside? I guess I will have to play with that one. I saw a recipe online where someone fried sushi rice balls, cooled them, cut them in half, and placed raw fish and other things on top. That might work if the sushi "arancini" doesn't "pan" out (another pun).

Recipe - Ms. Mofet's Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle Cookies

cream_cheese_doodles_121521_IMG_9027.jpg

I'm "cooking" up an idea (pardon the pun) for making fried sushi balls, kinda like arancini but thinking raw salmon, cream cheese, etc., or something along those lines for the filling. I just don't want the fish to be cooked so wondering if I freeze it or chill it until almost frozen before filling the rice balls if it will still cook inside? I guess I will have to play with that one. I saw a recipe online where someone fried sushi rice balls, cooled them, cut them in half, and placed raw fish and other things on top. That might work if the sushi "arancini" doesn't "pan" out (another pun).
That sounds great!

Not an entry but I thought I’d share this -

Bought nice Gold top milk due to the higher fat content.
IMG_2641.jpeg

Heated it

IMG_2642.jpeg

Added 2 tbsp of lemon juice
IMG_2646.jpeg

Drained it
IMG_2649.jpeg

Processed it
IMG_2655.jpeg

Added some whey and it was done
IMG_2658.jpeg

At this point I could say I added salt and fridged and it was a delight and looking at that you’d probably believe me but it was awful 😂
Went from dry crumbly bits to wet n grainy. Had to bin it!

I think I did a couple of things wrong.
I left it draining in the cheesecloth for too long and it lost too much moisture. I didn’t go in on a high enough processor speed with the extra liquid until far too late.

I have another litre of normal full fat milk and will have another go tomoz.

I nearly didn’t put this on here because it’s too simple to be worthy of an entry but making it was inspired by this thread so here it is.

If you like smoked fish it tastes amazing, uses only three ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make.

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2711.jpeg

PEPPERED SMOKED MACKEREL PATÉ
Recipe - Peppered Mackerel Paté

Last edited:
I nearly didn’t put this on here because it’s too simple to be worthy of an entry but making it was inspired by this thread so here it is.

I used to have to make this for the woman I nannied for whenever she had people over for lunch (back when I was a baby faced 21 year old), it was always went down a storm.

If you like smoked fish it tastes amazing, uses only three ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make.

View attachment 113206

View attachment 113207

View attachment 113208

Remove the skin and break up the fillets, then blitz in a processor with 1-2 tbsp of lemon (I find 1 1/2 tbsp about right) and a pack of cream cheese (vegan cream cheese more than holds its own here), that’s all there is to it!

No need for any extra seasoning the mackerel has plenty of salt and pepper of its own.

Best served cold with plain crackers.
Can you do this as a recipe please and then a link and a photo here.

Back
Top Bottom