The CookingBites recipe challenge: lentils (any type, any form)

Lentils are pretty good in summer rolls too or as a dessert mixed with sushi rice, filled with red miso paste and covered in a sheet of nori algea

Recipe - Ms. Mofet's Lentil Soup

lentil_rice_soup_091509_P1040117.JPG

Here's my first entry. Smoky Lentil Dip
This recipe was created out of necessity. My wife likes to play cards; a Venezuelan version of canasta. That usually involves 4 people, so they gather round the table, play cards and snack. I'd got almost nothing in the fridge when she sprung a surprise Card Party on me, so I made this.
I was surprised because they all asked for more. I suppose it's a bit like hummus and babaganoush - you just keep dipping and eating and snacking. I think we only had crackers on this particular occasion, but it works great with pita bread and other flatbreads.
Lentil dip 2.jpg

Here's my first entry. Smoky Lentil Dip
This recipe was created out of necessity. My wife likes to play cards; a Venezuelan version of canasta. That usually involves 4 people, so they gather round the table, play cards and snack. I'd got almost nothing in the fridge when she sprung a surprise Card Party on me, so I made this.
I was surprised because they all asked for more. I suppose it's a bit like hummus and babaganoush - you just keep dipping and eating and snacking. I think we only had crackers on this particular occasion, but it works great with pita bread and other flatbreads.
View attachment 104269

I had a smoky lentil dip in mind too. You beat me too it.

I posted my last contribution to the lentil challenge just to make sure I can get it right at
Lentil Dipping Sauce
The rest of my supply of lentils is going into a batch of lentil soup. No need to post it since it isn't different from the way you probably make it. Fingers are crossed that I have mastered the process of contributing to the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom