The CookingBites recipe challenge: sweet peppers

To summarise: 14 recipes in total were entered. Fewer than usual but this is probably because both SatNavSaysStraightOn and TastyReuben (who regularly enter) are travelling.

I've made a few comments in the recipe threads for each entry.

My shortlist is:

Italian Sausage Cacciatore from kaneohegirlinaz. I love the use of sausage in this Italian inspired dish.
Beef and Sausage Stuffed Peppers from caseydog. Who knew stuffed peppers could look so luscious!
Sidekick from karadekoolaid. Bring on the anchovies!
Red Goddess Dressing from medtran49. Why did I never think of using roasted red peppers to make a salad dressing?

The winner is medtran49 with Red Goddess Dressing. Its definitely an idea I will try.

A big thank you to all who entered.

Its over to you medtran49, to choose the next ingredient and become judge for the next round. As usual, its best to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in all our various countries. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before so long as it wasn't too recently. A list of all ingredients chosen is here in date order and here in alphabetical order.

If you want to you can 'float' an idea for the next ingredient in this thread or if in doubt PM me or another moderator for advice.

Well, at least i was quick. A couple of ingredients mentioned recently popped into my head, and I did some research to make sure at least a couple of varieties are available worldwide pretty much year round. So, ta dum,

Hard Winter/Fall squash

Butternut, spaghetti, acorn, kabocha, buttercup, calabaza, hubbard, delicata, plus any local to you hard squash. You can use pumpkin, if you must, but I'm not a big fan, especially of canned. I'll just pretend it says butternut instead of pumpkin. :rolleyes:

medtran49 YAY! I love squash! I'd been tossing that ingredient around in my head since seeing detroitdad wife's Spaghetti Squash dish.
It'll be just for myself, as DH greatly dislikes Squash. So Mr&Mrs Nextdoor neighbor will reap the benefits.

Well, at least i was quick. A couple of ingredients mentioned recently popped into my head, and I did some research to make sure at least a couple of varieties are available worldwide pretty much year round. So, ta dum,

Hard Winter/Fall squash

Butternut, spaghetti, acorn, kabocha, buttercup, calabaza, hubbard, delicata, plus any local to you hard squash. You can use pumpkin, if you must, but I'm not a big fan, especially of canned. I'll just pretend it says butternut instead of pumpkin. :rolleyes:

A great choice. I will set up the new challenge thread.

Back
Top Bottom