The CookingBites recipe challenge: tomato ketchup

Unless it's fish and chips or expensive and imported tinned tuna!
…and no, it’s the opposite on the tuna - I don’t like that expensive oil-packed stuff. It’s all water-packed Chicken of the Sea for me - just call me Tasty from the Block:

Don't be fooled by the plates that I got
I'm still, I'm still Tasty from the block
I’m making tuna salad, with my own hands
Water-packed Chicken of the Sea, straight from the can
Don't be fooled by the knives that I got

Peace out! ✌️

…and no, it’s the opposite on the tuna - I don’t like that expensive oil-packed stuff. It’s all water-packed Chicken of the Sea for me - just call me Tasty from the Block:

Peace out! ✌️
T-Ro, is that you?

Peace out! ✌️

I like water-packed Bumblebee, solid white Albacore.
When I was a kid, all they had was oil packed tuna. It tasted like and still does taste like tuna packed in motor oil to me.:yuck:

You know our judge dislikes both of those things, right?

Our judge is impartial as far as his personal taste goes, I'm sure.:D I've judged these challenges before and chosen winners which are not necessarily to my personal taste but which I recognise to be good recipes. Just sayin'...

Of course, as its all a bit of fun there are no judging rules anyway!

Alright, I've never done this before so it's going to be trial and error, then hopefully success. I'll let you know tomorrow. Per the usual, I can't find a recipe I fully endorse so I'll be winging it. Also trying to go "no added sugar" for our nephew's diabetic wife (gestational diabetes). But I'm sure you can guess I want to make homemade ketchup.
20240224_170510.jpg

Alright, I've never done this before so it's going to be trial and error, then hopefully success. I'll let you know tomorrow. Per the usual, I can't find a recipe I fully endorse so I'll be winging it. Also trying to go "no added sugar" for our nephew's diabetic wife (gestational diabetes). But I'm sure you can guess I want to make homemade ketchup.
View attachment 110427
I have a green tomato ketchup recipe to make as well. My pickling sauce has been marinating for a few days now.

Award winning artisan over night proved bread roll, freshly churned butter from west country milk, fish fingers homemade using line caught sustainably sourced fish and direct import gluten free golden panko crumb with a homemade 48 hour brewed tomato sauce..
IMG_2137.jpeg

or a roll from the freezer, fish fingers by birdseye and Del Monte tomato sauce because maybe it was on special offer.. did I win yet? 😂

Award winning artisan over night proved bread roll, freshly churned butter from west country milk, fish fingers homemade using line caught sustainably sourced fish and direct import gluten free golden panko crumb with a homemade 48 hour brewed tomato sauce..
View attachment 110459

or a roll from the freezer, fish fingers by birdseye and Del Monte tomato sauce because maybe it was on special offer.. did I win yet? 😂
Yeah I am still working on my slow cooker ketchup...LOL

Back
Top Bottom