What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)?

The weather is still very hot here. I wanted something light and Summery, & cleaned out the vegetable drawer.

Gazpacho

I really wish that you'd posted this a couple weeks ago. It was unbearably hot here. All I could think of foodwise to help me cool down was watermelon. I never thought of gazpacho - cucumbery, garlicy and slightly oily - cooled in the fridge and then eaten with chunks of fresh home-made bread would have been perfect.

Oh, well - maybe next summer.....

20180821_194603.jpg

A very spicy chilli con carne with half a baguette and a flat pint of lager.

15 s.jpg

The lager wasn't so much flat as just a little Anne Boleyn.

I made a delicious chocolate cake with fudge icing for a coworker's birthday yesterday. The cake was moist and fudgy. I am a baker, like wandering Bob!
Am trying to learn how to download photos on here from my gallery, please be patient.

Welcome! Love me some Brunswick stew, Georgia BBQ and peach cobbler!:okay:

Morning from “Down Under”.

We have been & will continue to be a 6 person household for a few more days. My 8yo niece & 10yo nephew are staying with us. It’s not holidays - school & work as usual, meaning dinner needs to hit the table at 6pm. Miss 8 Inst very adventurous at the table. To make it harder I had a couple of evening appointments this week so my OH & teen daughter have been getting things done.

Sunday - roasted 2 chicken, potato, carrots plus a large cauli & broc au gratin. There was gravy.
Monday - meat pies, mashed potato, leftover veg & gravy (I was out)
Tuesday - pizza & salad (I was out)
Wednesday - Carol’s Spicy Meatloaf, mashed potato, broccoli, beans & corn.
Tonight - roast drumsticks & potato wedges with hot sauce on the side. Salad.
Tomorrow - it says taco night but that wasn’t a big hit last Friday so maybe a pasta bake.

* I will post the meatloaf recipe at some point - it’s basted in a bbq style sauce
* Carol is my mother in law

Back
Top Bottom