What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)?

If you can remember then it clearly wasn't enough.

I can only make an assessment based upon the start and finish times. 12:30 pm on Friday until 11:00 pm. Then 11:30 am on Saturday until midnight (although I did have a 90 minute sleep in the middle of that one). .

Yesterday we had burger and beer for lunch

IMG_20180819_140545_960.jpg

For the rest of the afternoon we and our friends put packets of crisps and peanuts on the table for all the share.

Dinner tonight: spaghetti with saffron, clams, cherry tomatoes, mullet bottarga and sea asparagus..with a Glass of white sardinian wine - Vermentino
View attachment 18649

This a restaurant meal? Sounds fantastic! I've been thinking about using bottarga for the Recipe Challenge... not sure quite how yet.

The weather is still very hot here. I wanted something light and Summery, & cleaned out the vegetable drawer.

Gazpacho. Didn't have roasted red peppers, used tomatoes instead, whizzed it up in a blender. Added grilled shrimp, seasoned with lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning, and homemade toasted sourdough croutons. Here's the general idea:

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/salads/gazpacho-shrimp-salad/

The weather is still very hot here. I wanted something light and Summery, & cleaned out the vegetable drawer.

Gazpacho. Didn't have roasted red peppers, used tomatoes instead, whizzed it up in a blender. Added grilled shrimp, seasoned with lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning, and homemade toasted sourdough croutons. Here's the general idea:

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/salads/gazpacho-shrimp-salad/

@Karen W - your meals sound so lovely!

Last edited:
I'm in a hurry to eat and I'm not too techy but I'll see what I can do. I do try new recipes as often as I can and figured if I gave you a link you could get the idea, and make your own version if you like. I add my own notes as well.

Last edited:
I'm in a hurry to eat and I'm not too techy but I'll see what I can do. I do try new recipes as often as I can and figured if I gave you a link you could get the idea, and make your own version if you like.

Yey! Get out your smart phone - no need for a special camera. Links are OK but not the same as seeing what you did. In a way, we would rather not have too many links because there are so many websites that mainly consist of links - original content is our favourite.

I'm missing shrimp (prawns in UK) at the moment. Its not easy where I live to get fresh ones and frozen are really not as good.

Back
Top Bottom