What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw the rest of the pork stuffing into a few slices of bread today. I'll cook some more for Christmas.

17 sarnie s.jpg

Sushi and seared tuna with avocado and homemade ponzu, with a little bit of red pepper flakes and finely chopped jalapeno thrown on.

Sushi is:

Maine lobster with Kewpie mayo and a tiny bit of wasabi.

Shrimp with asparagus, shredded carrot, cucumber, avo, green onions and wasabi.

Spicy tuna with kimchi base, cucumber and green onions.

Vege rolls with above veges, wasabi and wilted chopped spinach with just a touch of sesame oil.

And we have 1 each leftover of the shrimp, lobster and vege rolls for lunch or brunch tomorrow.

View attachment 21313
View attachment 21314

Stunning! What lovely combinations.

Looks beautiful mg, but I don't like mackerel, olives or capers,lol. I eat pretty much everything but those three things. It's funny how you put them in a dish.lol. A good mate of mine Buys olives by the gallon. I just can't do them.

Russ

Looks beautiful mg, but I don't like mackerel, olives or capers,lol. I eat pretty much everything but those three things. It's funny how you put them in a dish.lol. A good mate of mine Buys olives by the gallon. I just can't do them.

Russ

Ah well - it was a dish to use up a few bits and pieces really!

I can't eat mackerel either but I'm doing stuff for the Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Mackerel

Re olives - they do vary a lot in taste depending on how they are cured. There are some olives I'm not so keen about. I prefer black to green in general. Salted rather than brined. Capers are lovely though - in moderation. They provide a piquant spike to dishes. Less is more with both olives and capers.

Last edited:
Now, these haven't been eaten yet, but never mind. It's rare that biscuits make their way into this abode, but a sortie to the Hook Norton website to buy some beer for the period ahead promised free delivery for spending sixty quid. We were just short, so these biscuits did the trick. I'm sure they will be very nice, plus it's a nice little carton to store something.

PC200008.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom