What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meatloaf sandwich

20181219_174038.jpg

[

Leftover porchetta from the freezer, onion, celery, fennel and fennel fronds over homemade cavatelli.

I tend to forget about the cavatelli machine. This time made with 1 cup semolina to 2 cups AP flour, but there are recipes for all AP flour, ricotta and potato cavatelli.

2018-12-19 18.48.55.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds more like gnocchi but that is a fascinating looking cavitelli machine, which I guess has only one purpose in life. :)

Pretty much only 1 purpose. They could function as potato gnocchi, but are slightly differently shaped, besides the fact that the dough has to be slightly sturdier, the best description I can come up with, to go through the machine correctly versus making them by hand.

Pretty much only 1 purpose. They could function as potato gnocchi, but are slightly differently shaped, besides the fact that the dough has to be slightly sturdier, the best description I can come up with, to go through the machine correctly versus making them by hand.

I understand what you mean. Seriously, I don't make enough home-made pasta so I commend you. Perhaps making more home-made pasta will be one of my New Year's Resolutions.

I know you don't have a food processor, but it's so easy to make pasta that way. Then you let it rest. After that, it's just rolling it out, which doesn't take nearly as long as you think it will. Heck, the time it takes you to roll out, especially if you have a helper, and cook for just a few minutes versus the length of time it takes for dried pasta to cook is almost a wash.

I know you don't have a food processor, but it's so easy to make pasta that way.

Good memory! Its pretty easy by hand though.

After that, it's just rolling it out, which doesn't take nearly as long as you think it will.

True. My problem is I'm so busy developing new recipes and striving to be innovative that I forget the basics. Not really an excuse, I know. But the best I can come up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom