What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
824DC372-B0B8-4363-9351-9CF4AB080F0D.jpeg

Poutine with guacamole and tzatziki sauce, and a gargantuan burger. We have a group of four, and we’re sharing, otherwise my stomach would explode!

The middle eastern spread in the first pic looks fantastic. It all looks good to me except the poutine - I can hear my Canuck mates screaming when I look at it. Sorry about your pain.

I went to a Sydney food event on Friday night & was sharing each dish with a friend. I think we stopped right on the knife point.

I first came across "grits" watching the Beverley Hillbillies in the 60s. There was no internet (obviously) at that time so I didn't discover what they were. Wrongly I assumed that it was some form of boiled up offal.

That would be chitterlings!:headshake:Grits are made from corn or hominy (treated corn). Polenta is probably a close comparison.

I am in absolute envy of you! Such a gourmet trip. Plus, you chose a week with great weather. :okay:
It was quite a week of extremes. It was snowing in Detroit. We transferred through Keflavik, Iceland, and had to step out on the tarmac amid blowing snow. This was a shock, since we expected to be inside. When we landed in Frankfurt, it was mild (similar temps to England) and quite pleasant. And, as you say, Greece is warm. I haven’t needed my jacket since the first day in Frankfurt.

Productive kitchen day

79ABE52E-937C-4932-9239-35CF2E01C378.jpeg

Lots of bolognese for the freezer - each container holder enough to dress half a 500gm bag of pasta which should serve 2-3 people.
Plus 12 jars of mustard pickles in answer to the zucchini glut.

Dinner was (gold plated) forequarter lambchops cooked onthe fas BBQ
Teamed with a couscous dish packed with veg, herbs, dried fruit & toasted nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom