What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conchiglioni (big shells) pasta stuffed with spinach and ricotta

Conchiglioni.jpg

Conchiglioni ripieni.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I presume you cook the shells first and then fill them (I haven't ever tried this before).

We do. We make a huge batch of these with a ricotta, mozzarella and Parm R filling, sometimes with spinach, sometimes without. Freeze them in a single layer, then bag them up, and take out what we need for a meal later on.

Our dinner last night was roast beef with gravy, cauliflower/potato mash, and carrots/zucchini/yellow squash.

It’s zucchini/courgette glut time here. I picked 12 monsters on Friday. Gave away 8. Cooked the other 4 yesterday then picked another 5 this morning. Expect everything zucchini from me in the coming weeks.

Last night I cooked the Tian de Courgette from Mastering the Art of French Cooking (2) and a chargrilled zucchini salad that went like this.

I cut 2 monsters in half, scooped out the seedy guts, sliced them about 7mm into “moons” then tossed them with garlic & a generous slurp of olive oil in a big bowl.

Onto a hot BBQ plate, colour them but don’t cook too much.

Back into the bowl. Let cool. Toss in loads of chopped parsley, basil & mint plus some lemon juice.

Served all of this zucchini with garlic sweet chilli chicken sausages I bought from the fancy butcher at Katoomba.

Chilli and rice . luke warm chilli, hot rice. It was 37C and I didn't want anything hot temperature wise .

I bought a new pot of chilli powder and added about 1 tbsp of it to the pot of chilli. We finally have a slightly spicy pot of food.

How many actual chilli peppers?

A dish I stole and then made my own from a restaurant called I "heart" Tacos. It's a vegetarian burrito made with a filling of skinned/seeded poblano peppers cut in strips or diced, corn, diced onions, garlic, all sauteed, cooled, mixed with creama (which is kind of like a thin sour cream, but tangier) and a Mexican melting cheese, plus green rice (cilantro, onion, garlic, sometimes a raw poblano or green bell, mixed with rice cooking liquid in blender to pulverize solids), wrapped in a tortilla, topped with a green sauce (tomatillos, onions, garlic, sometimes a poblano) and some more cheese. They use the filling part for quesadillas and tacos as well.

Craig went red with a filling using chorizo, refried pinto beans, and I'm not sure what else he put in there besides some cheese, and a red rice (a dried chili, tomato, onion, garlic like above).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom