What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6A327D8A-6929-48BA-BD51-5132CD4A8426.jpeg
CEB36A44-245D-4902-A5EC-50070F1B04ED.jpeg

Mousaka and sakanaki. In the States, sakanaki is served flaming and the server shouts “Opa!” as they squeeze a lemon wedge to extinguish the flames. No such floor show here, but the cheese is the same. The mousaka, however, is spectacular.

Mousaka and sakanaki. In the States, sakanaki is served flaming and the server shouts “Opa!” as they squeeze a lemon wedge to extinguish the flames. No such floor show here, but the cheese is the same. The mousaka, however, is spectacular.

You did say you lost weight before you went on this holiday, didn't you? :D

1B4C5DA1-9D8C-4920-A725-EE4B023A092E.jpeg
D3DB3B7C-2855-45F6-AB94-7487F7F27872.jpeg
673F6291-00F1-4651-B6B3-DA7C519A1634.jpeg
:laugh: I think I ended all that, but it was worth it. Now, take a look at the above. The Acropolis as seen from our hotel restaurant, portabellas, and cuttlefish on spinach risotto. Oh, I’m in pain, but it’s a good pain.

A few nights ago my wife and I watched an old episode of Top Chef where the contestants were in Mexico and had to make a dish with cactus fruit. (Season 12) While walking through the grocery store the next day looking for something to make for dinner, I found prickly pear cactus fruit and decided to make my own Top Chef dish:

Seared Chilean Sea Bass, with Forbidden Rice, steamed Sugar Peas, pickled sweet peppers, and Prickly Pear purée with capers and roasted garlic.

A few nights ago my wife and I watched an old episode of Top Chef where the contestants were in Mexico and had to make a dish with cactus fruit. (Season 12) While walking through the grocery store the next day looking for something to make for dinner, I found prickly pear cactus fruit and decided to make my own Top Chef dish:

Seared Chilean Sea Bass, with Forbidden Rice, steamed Sugar Peas, pickled sweet peppers, and Prickly Pear purée with capers and roasted garlic.

That is a very original dish - great colours!

An experiment for breakfast this morning that went a bit wrong. An egg, baked in half an avocado with chorizo bits on top. I got distracted and let it bake for forty minutes instead of the twenty it actually needed. I didn't bother with a photo.

Depends on how much walking they are doing. Last time I went on a holiday like that, we ate like it was going to be the last good meal days of our lives and still managed to lose weight, enough that holes in belts that had never been used before got used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom