What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks fantastic!

I could eat rice spiced like that every other day, I think.

That looks fantastic!
I could eat rice spiced like that every other day, I think.

When I did some consultancy work in 2007 for the Chinese Oil Company, they booked me in a Chinese hotel close to their office (as opposed to a hotel from a Western chain). The menu was written in Chinese and there were no pictures. The waitress spoke no English whatsover. The only food phrase that I could remember in Mandarin was "chow mee fan" (fried rice), so I had it every day! Of course, I also remembered "paijeo".

I normally cook every Sunday, ( we're a day ahead here) but last week my daughter said its at her place tonight. I'm not big on rice but she cooked fried rice with veges and egg omelette included. And panko fried chicken, I've gotta try this sometime. Man it was good. But then my daughters a great cook. And I don't normally do dessert but I gave in to cheesecake.

Russ

Beef steak burger - cooked to perfection (45 minutes both sides in very hot olive oil then 30 minutes both sides under the blowlamp). Luvverly.

2 s.jpg

3 s.jpg

6 s.jpg

I marinated a flank steak in bottled Italian dressing and grilled it. Had Texas toast, baked potato with fixins and a wedge salad. I added some crumbled gorgonzola to Marie's chunky blue cheese dressing (got enough leftover for the wings I'm doing in the rotisserie basket today).

Texas toast,

?
Unfortunately, I know you are not kidding
Yes, veal and sausage.

Of course I was kidding! :happy: Should have put in a smiley.

Its not so easy to get veal here. There is still prejudice against it due to some cruel farming practices in the UK many, many years ago. So thousands of bull calves are simply shot at birth, rather than being raised for veal.

Salmon Roulades, from the seafood counter. (Salmon wrapped around feta and asparagus.) Cooked on the indoor grill, with lemon juice. Lemony orzo made in the rice cooker to go with.

?

Of course I was kidding! :happy: Should have put in a smiley.

Its not so easy to get veal here. There is still prejudice against it due to some cruel farming practices in the UK many, many years ago. So thousands of bull calves are simply shot at birth, rather than being raised for veal.

Texas motto "Every things bigger in Texas". Just thick sliced bread (3/4 to 1 inch thick) used to make garlic toast.

Two days ago, Persian Style Beef. From a recipe pack we picked up a while ago. I photographed the beef but tbh it just looked like brown gloop so haven't put the pic up. Tasted nice though. The recipe gave an option of either adding dried apricot or dates, I went for dates.

DSC_0934-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom