What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hot sauce..maybe next time..the recipe I used didn't feature any type of hot sauce..Do they make their own or just add a store bought type? Here is the recipe I initially use..https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes...tyle-chicken-and-rice-white-sauce-recipe.html

Looks good. They're spot on about using chicken thighs. I don't think I've ever seen breasts used before.

A lot of the carts have their own homemade seasoning for the chicken. All use garlic, oregano, coriander, and lemon as in your recipe, but most
also use lots of turmeric, and some cumin, and even tiny amounts of cloves and cinnamon, cardamom, and sumac. They all say that there are other secret ingredients, lol.

I think it's interesting that they put some of those herbs and spices in the rice.

I'm not a fan of the cinnamon, but the rest is really good.

As far as the hot sauce goes, some just use a Crystal like basic sauce, and others doctor it up to make it much hotter. It's an add on option, just like the white sauce.

And ya gotta have white sauce. Lots of white sauce. Yoghurt with a little mayo sounds about right.

Now I want Halal chicken and rice. :hungry:

Last edited:
20181117_105227.jpg

Where do you get all the time???

Russ

I'm retired! I cook as soon as I get up. I stop in the evening. The actual labour on making the tart is not a lot - maybe half an hour plus baking time. Taking and editing the photos sometimes take longer than cooking. :laugh:

I'm retired! I cook as soon as I get up. I stop in the evening. The actual labour on making the tart is not a lot - maybe half an hour plus baking time. Taking and editing the photos sometimes take longer than cooking. :laugh:

I'm semi retired but still have to do some work to pay the bills and holidays etc. I never have enough time .

Russ

Going for the combo plate tonight..Stuffed pork loin chop with salami and cheese on marinara..penne cream sauce
46410839_982625115271174_3844565478806650880_n.jpg

I think it's interesting that they put some of those herbs and spices in the rice.

If I'm cooking rice to eat with an Indian dish, I usually use Thai Jasmine rice with the additives below:

yellow rice.jpg

Turmeric, salt, cinnamon, bay, cardamom and cloves. The bay, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves are not usually eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom