What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaven and Earth (Himmel und Erde)

fullsizeoutput_3d65.jpeg

View attachment 20571
Goat Madras last night, using up the last of a batch of Madras paste that my wife had made last week. The taste was great, but the goat, even after cooking for five hours was as tough as boots.
Yes, I've tried goat in Greece, somewhere in the mountains above Volos. And I recall it as being very tasty but a tad tough.

Home Made Fish Fingers with Tartare Dip from Readers Digest Food in 30 Minutes or Less.

Enjoyed this, but I think I slightly overcooked them, I had set my timer but I must have accidentally deleted it when putting down my phone. So went by guesswork. The tartare dip was lovely and will use this in other meals. The mix of mayo and crème fraiche was nice.

DSC_0928.jpg

Got a friend who's been a bit down, he gets a wee bit depressed at times, anyhow he rang me yesterday and wants to see me and have a talk. So I asked him round for dinner tonight. At this stage the weather looks good so I'm doing a BBQ, sausys, meat patties and kebabs with a salad, lettuce from our garden, spring onions and radishes also. No alcohol tonight as he doesn't drink. Try to get some pics later.

Russ

Got a friend who's been a bit down, he gets a wee bit depressed at times, anyhow he rang me yesterday and wants to see me and have a talk. So I asked him round for dinner tonight. At this stage the weather looks good so I'm doing a BBQ, sausys, meat patties and kebabs with a salad, lettuce from our garden, spring onions and radishes also. No alcohol tonight as he doesn't drink. Try to get some pics later.

Russ

Sounds good. I hope that can cheer him up.

Homemade dolmades stuffed with a lamb mix from the freezer, fresh pita and saganaki. I ended up just eating my cheese and pita wedges plus the 3 stuffed grape leaves. Did some work outside today since we are in our growing season and body is not happy about that.

View attachment 20591

Care to share dolma des recipe please. I have lots of lamb.

Russ

My wife went to see her girlfriend's new place, so my boy and I made garlic rubbed petite sirloins, sweet onions, and fries tonight.

There was a sale on the steaks: buy 1 double pack, get 2 double packs for free. I think we ate almost a pound and a half of steak each. And there's 3 steaks left that are headed for the freezer.

1116181850a.jpg

Homemade dolmades stuffed with a lamb mix from the freezer, fresh pita and saganaki. I ended up just eating my cheese and pita wedges plus the 3 stuffed grape leaves. Did some work outside today since we are in our growing season and body is not happy about that.

I love dolmades so much! How do you get your vine leaves? I have to buy them in vac-pacs and they are not easily found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom