What did you cook, eat or drink today (September 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20180912_175015.jpg
chicken and stuffing casserole.

Weetabix and yoghurt again for breakfast, and a paneer sourdough sandwich with sliced onion for lunch. I cheated tonight and ate the "emergency" ready meal - Tesco's butternut squash and spinach lasagne. It had a use by date of October. If I hadn't eaten it, it would have fallen into the great abyss that is the bottom of the freezer and probably forgotten about. The only comment I can make about it was that it wasn't bad and not at all salty, but I don't think I'll be buying a replacement. The portion was very small. I had some more red grapes for afters - still waiting for the plums and the pears to ripen up a bit.

Quick tea tonight, curried mince on toast. Comfort food from my childhood. Very cheap meal, about $3.and enough for 3 to 4. I like them the next day in a waffle iron with cheese. Yummy.

Russ

Sing the song?

I may put some (one) in my "Rumbledethumps pie". Should I peel them first, do you think?

[Edit: I see that Harjinder Sidhu peels them for his patties, as does Lata Jain for her curries]

Last edited:
I may put some (one) in my "Rumbledethumps pie". Should I peel them first, do you think?

[Edit: I see that Harjinder Sidhu peels them for his patties, as does Lata Jain for her curries]

I'd peel them. You could just peel and boil one to see how it tasted first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom