What did you cook, eat or drink today (September 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a success.

It's only a slight variation on cottage pie.

But it was tasty.

My problem now is that there are at least 3 more portions left. It doesn't freeze and my wife doesn't eat beef!

My plan to have cod tomorrow may be scuppered.

It's only a slight variation on cottage pie.

But it was tasty.

My problem now is that there are at least 3 more portions left. It doesn't freeze and my wife doesn't eat beef!

My plan to have cod tomorrow may be scuppered.

\Why doesn't it freeze?

It defrosts all mushy.

?Thinks?

It starts off all mushy.

Doh! Perhaps it does freeze.

Well, I've come across frozen ready meals with mashed potato on top - shepherds pie, for example. Maybe you should try it with a portion and see what happens.

Well, I've come across frozen ready meals with mashed potato on top - shepherds pie, for example. Maybe you should try it with a portion and see what happens.

I'll give it a go.....

freezing rumbledethumps s.jpg

I made a bunch of ready to eat meals once and you froze individual portions of mashed potatoes as part of the meals. I think you maybe had to make them a bit stiffer so the texture would be right when thawed?

I made a bunch of ready to eat meals once and you froze individual portions of mashed potatoes as part of the meals. I think you maybe had to make them a bit stiffer so the texture would be right when thawed?

The potato was quite stiff (probably from spending overnight in the fridge) which made it easier to cut a section of that shape to fit on top of the "stew".

The potato was quite stiff (probably from spending overnight in the fridge) which made it easier to cut a section of that shape to fit on top of the "stew".

I meant the original potato mixture, not after spending night in fridge.

We had chili last night after we got home from spending the day with DD and GDDs. Craig had a bunch in the freezer he had made previously, and I made mine after we got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom