What did you cook, eat or drink today (September 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paccheri with shrimps, burrata cream and turmeric. I cooked this dish some days ago..
Paccheri shrimps burrata cream turmeric.jpg

We were in Conwy Bay at the end of last week. I BBQd langoustine and squid which we had with salad. The next day I had a dressed crab sitting on the harbour wall and in the evening husband has mussels and I had seabass. Lovely. I also had a vegan chocolate ice-cream with chocolate sauce and rocky road bits. Must go to Wales more often.

We were in Conwy Bay at the end of last week. I BBQd langoustine and squid which we had with salad. The next day I had a dressed crab sitting on the harbour wall and in the evening husband has mussels and I had seabass. Lovely. I also had a vegan chocolate ice-cream with chocolate sauce and rocky road bits. Must go to Wales more often.

Envy!

34437CA4-7A22-4C61-A33A-6248E51960EE.jpeg

Scott Conant at the Detroit Food & Wine Festival (Saturday), showing the correct technique for preparing risotto. Despite the breeze, his hair – as always – is perfect.

I asked him where his family came from in Italy. He told me they came from a small town near Naples, and they came to the New World in 1620. There’s apparently a statue in honor of an ancestor of his – also with the last name Conant – in Salem, Massachusetts. He was quick to point out he had nothing to do with the witch trials.

578C6690-B167-4FCB-B0E0-CDEC90B41D38.jpeg

These are chicken kebabs, served with a phenomenal teriyaki sauce.

086D8979-A7C2-4082-AD90-EE2F752F7092.jpeg

Tuna cones?? Kinda, yeah. One of my favorite Detroit eateries - Lumen - served sashimi tuna in slightly sweet waffle-style cones at the Festival.

Last night was salvaging what I could from my friend's fridge and cupboard to create a dinner: sausages (a good start) and a tin of butter beans. There were no onions but some garlic, fresh tomatoes and dill. So it was sausages, with butterbeans cooked down with tomatoes, grated garlic and dill. With some dried tarragon and celery seeds mixed in. It turned out rather well considering.

Last edited:
Yesterday.
Roast Lamb Lyonnaise. Sorry, only took pic in oven, completely forgot to take pic on table. Basically leg of lamb studded with garlic, laid on a bed of sliced onions and potatoes.. Recipe also called for dripping to go over the lamb but I used a slightly more healthy vegetable oil. Was yummy, if a trifle overdone.
DSC_0857.jpg

Dessert was a Chocolate Cream Gateau. Also yummy but the recipe called for the cream to be just about firm, I wish I had whisked it rather more as I think it would have given a more pleasing visual result.

DSC_0856.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom