What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delicious! I would give it a bite!

@MypinchofItaly

Shall do in September when I return from 2 trips back to back ..

One of my daughter in laws, owns a Créperie !!

One of my daughter in laws, my mom in law & my mom are the best crépe makers of the family ..

Have a lovely summer ..

Thanks for posting !! I have become good at Crépes Suzettes .. I shall try your récipe and let you know how it goes ..

@MypinchofItaly

Lovely lovely !!

I like to have for a Sunday Brunch !!

All my best for a wonderful August and summer holiday ..

Thank you @Francesca ! I do not often prepare sweet crepes, but this morning I woke up very early, the temperature was more or less acceptable and so I wanted to prepare a different breakfast than usual. The fresh strawberries gave a very pleasant fresh touch.

I'm counting down for the start of holidays.... All my best for yours too Dear :sun::wave:

Last edited:
Stir-fry with rose bean sauce and rice noodles (vegan):

IMGP1945.jpg

Its very fiddly to make Dolmades (stuffed vine leaves) so that is what takes the time. I think it too me about 45 mins altogether to make them and another 35 mins to cook them.
I love them too. Funnily enough my Greek greek cookery book recommends beet or large spinach leaves if vine leaves are not available. It also states "lettuce leaves can be used but I do not think they are as good as either those of the beet or spinach for they are inclined to disintegrate easily"! Also it states that dolmathes with rice and meat stuffing should be served hot, and those with no meat should be served cold and must use olive oil. My old Indian cookery book also has a similar recipe and recommends cabbage leaves if vine leaves are not available. I made these again a few weeks ago and posted a picture on https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/what-did-you-cook-eat-today-july-2017.10205/page-28. They are obviously not as small as ones made with vine leaves, but do seem easier to make.

Last edited:
Hubby's tummy was kinda wobbly today, so I made him some soft scrambled eggs with American cheese, and a few thin slices of ham. I tossed together a large salad full of veggies and a little bit of prosciutto ribbons, and baked three figs wrapped with prosciutto, stuffed with goat cheese, then drizzled with a bit of honey when they came out of the oven. He decided his tummy felt good enough to snitch one of them. I figured he'd do just that, as I had planned on eating only two myself. :laugh: Gotta love being married long enough to know their quirks.

20170804_222814.jpg

With ketchup.......

"I have ketchup in the house for three reasons. Jamie Oliver's black pork marinade, beef burgers and occasionally hot dogs."

That, to me, is a hot dog (never mind the shape, feel the width).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom