What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef fillet with roast potatoes and onions, peas and black pepper sauce.

fillet august 0 s.jpg

fillet august 4 s.jpg

Saturday night's dinner was a lasagne made with the home-made pasta dough left over from Friday. I filled with onions, leeks, garlic, courgette, tinned tomatoes, and spinach, and put an egg and a dollop of mustard in the sauce with the cheese, so it was really tasty.

Made individual red-sauced pizzas on naan bread - no arguments about toppings that way. Hubby's was meats and onion and stuff; mine had a bit of prosciutto, fresh tomato, black olives, red bell pepper bits, fresh mushrooms. Divided the last of the fresh mozzarella before it spoiled. Another goat-cheese-stuffed, prosciutto-wrapped fig each.

20170805_224725.jpg

"Dessert" much, much later was a bit of vanilla ice cream with a couple heaping teaspoons each of hot fudge topping and homemade fresh cherry sauce.

20170806_021337.jpg

It's a couple of years since I used naan bread as a pizza base. If I remember correctly, it was very nice. The heart shape wasn't intentional.

naan pizza.jpg

[Edit: pre halogen oven days]

Last edited:
Home-made Asian style spicy sausages (I'm off to google a sausage making machine - these took far too long to make by hand)! These are the raw sausages.

20170806_125538.jpg

Sunday's supper was grilled chicken seasoned with an African Smoke Seasoning blend, crushed potatoes seasoned with The Spice Houses's Florida Lemon Pepper seasoning, and steamed fresh broccoli/carrots/cauliflower, plain. I also had hubby grill two additional huge chicken breasts, each with a different seasoning, for suppers the next two nights.

20170806_205546.jpg

Butter prawns.

I originally thought I would call them hot butter prawns but I reduced the chili somewhat for no particular reason. They were creamy, rich and very tasty. I couldn't eat them every day.

Served with aromatic yellow Jasmine rice and a boiled egg.

butter prawns 5 s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom