What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tandoori chicken with a tomato cucumber and onion salad
P1000906.JPG
P1000909.JPG
P1000911.JPG

Tandoori chicken with a tomato cucumber and onion salad

That reminds me, I have yet to try tandoori chicken in my halogen oven.

[I've found 2 chicken breasts in the freezer so I shall marinate them overnight].

I made a sort of South of the Border kinda riff on stuffed bell peppers. Rather than a traditional ground meat filling, I combined seasoned chicken breast (grilled yesterday), fresh corn, black beans, tinned diced tomatoes with green chilies, crumbles of Queso Fresco, a little bit of pre-cooked brown rice, and crushed tomatoes. Stuffed those into the pepper shells, and baked. Served them over mashed potatoes, with a garden salad on the side. The peppers turned out pretty good. I figured if I was combining things we already knew we liked, how could I go wrong? :laugh:

20170807_222318.jpg

Hospital food again

Cold toast with plum jam and stewed prunes for breakfast
Pumpkin, tofu and green bean curry with salad with vegan strawberry jelly for dinner
Pumpkin, tofu and green bean curry with potatoes langoise, peas, corn and red peppers for evening meal

Hospital food again

Cold toast with plum jam and stewed prunes for breakfast
Pumpkin, tofu and green bean curry with salad with vegan strawberry jelly for dinner
Pumpkin, tofu and green bean curry with potatoes langoise, peas, corn and red peppers for evening meal

Aren't you sick of Pumpkin, tofu and green bean curry? When I was in hospital I had a bottle of chilli sauce in my bedside cupboard...

Aren't you sick of Pumpkin, tofu and green bean curry? When I was in hospital I had a bottle of chilli sauce in my bedside cupboard...

I am already sick of the three of them (and I've only ever had one!).

Fish 'eads and rice is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom