What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a decent cauliflower in Makro on Thirstday so it had to be cauliflower cheese.

1 s.jpg

2 s.jpg

Evening meal was light, creamy courgette soup out if necessity (the Courgette/marrow was starting to go bad sadly so had to be used), made creamy with the addition of cashew nuts and given the sour taste with a touch of lime juice. Usually I use lemons but hubby was making it and decided on lime instead. Served with a slice of Semolina flour and rye flour sourdough and lightly fried tempeh for added protein. No photos this time.

It is official, our 12 year old oven is kaputz! Just when I need it to bake some meatballs for a meal later this week. So I fired up the BGE as a substitute for the oven. The stove top still works.

It is official, our 12 year old oven is kaputz! Just when I need it to bake some meatballs for a meal later this week. So I fired up the BGE as a substitute for the oven. The stove top still works.

12 years isn't that old for an oven. Is it electric?

This evening was lamb shanks cooked in the oven with carrots, mushrooms, garlic, onions, rosemary and a red wine stock on gas mark 4 for 3 hours, served with broccoli, mash and the sauce reduced down to make a gravy

View attachment 14690

Yum, I love braised lamb shanks. That looks delicious.

My boy has a cold, so we decided to just stay in today, play video games, and watch movies.

For munchies, I just steamed some frozen shrimp shu mai, and I'm about to make dashi with extra kombu so we can have a Japanese inspired chicken noodle soup for dinner by adding soba noodles and thin strips of chicken breast.

I cook proper Indian food but I still like what my mum used to make, usingbought curry powder.
Curried sausages with mash later.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally seared the SV duck confit, with roasted red spuds in f*ckdat ;-), braised carrots

duck confit.jpg

GF said it was the best duck confit she's eaten..(my first time/attempt)
..and tomato/feta salad ..w/too much basil chiffonade

tomato feta salad.jpg

oh, and apple pie..a bit thin today though..ran out of apples..
Apple pie.jpg

waddle..waddle to bed..snore :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom