What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegan Cajun style beans with ginger, red peppers, celery and mushrooms (son's lunch). It was seved over rice.

fullsizeoutput_2ee3.jpeg

Actually I think you're right on the hot water,hmmm. Might look at the sourdough option as well. My grandkids all love garlic bread.

Russ
I've been using part sourdough starter/part yeast to make my ordinary bread by hand. I use strong white flour, but it turns out an off-white colour with a lovely crust. I still use my bread-maker to knead dough when I make a half and half loaf, and I often replace about 100 ml of the liquid with whey, and sometimes replace some more of the liquid with an egg.

I use filtered water too, at room temperature. In winter, because there is no heating in my kitchen unless I am cooking, I sometimes add a little boiling water to bring it up to temperature. As @medtran49 said, it should just feel warm to touch, i.e. not cold and definitely not hot!

I used up some stuff in the fridge and freezer tonight, so it was sliced turkey for dinner with decent lettuce, tomatoes and chips. Another orange for afters.

Indian dins..went a bit overboard..never did finish the my last two things..sigh..(samosas & a new recipe for fried/naturally leavened bread thing)

Papadums
pappadums.jpg

LL->R fried panir in spinach, stuffed miniature eggplant in tomato sauce, cucumber/onion yogurt raita, butter chicken, dal, & rice pilau

India plate.jpg

Gulab jamun..not as good as usual though, I have to admit..

gulab jamun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom