What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamales with chicken and red chili sauce.
36788-albums1110-picture7258.jpg

I guess I'll stick it in the challenge too.

I'm doing something similar tonight. Looking forward to seem the recipe for the red chili sauce

I should have made a double recipe of the sauce, as it ran out.:( Karen did some vegetable and cheese tamales, which I made a green chili/tomatilla sauce for.

2018-03-07 08.32.45.jpg
Tamales with roasted poblano, corn, onion, garlic, chihuahua cheese and a couple of other ingredients. First time using homemade masa.

2018-03-07 18.36.29.jpg
2018-03-07 18.37.09.jpg
Mom's sammies, corned beef, ham, pickles, tomatoes, munster cheese, and 1000 island dressing as the "mayo." Normally, i make an egg wash to dip them in and sautee them in butter and oil, but I decided to make a pressed sammie with just butter brushed on both sides. Bread is a basic focaccia recipe, just made in a smaller pan so it would be a bit thicker so it could be split.

Last edited:
View attachment 14422 View attachment 14423 Mom's sammies, corned beef, ham, pickles, tomatoes, munster cheese, and 1000 island dressing as the "mayo." Normally, i make an egg wash to dip them in and sautee them in butter and oil, but I decided to make a pressed sammie with just butter brushed on both sides. Bread is a basic focaccia recipe, just made in a smaller pan so it would be a bit thicker so it could be split.

Lovely. Good idea to make the focaccia thicker to split. I'm getting hungry again now!

Yep and it only takes 20-25 minutes to cook versus better part of an hour for a loaf.

Do you bake all your own bread? I do try to but I don't keep up with the demand when I'm home (4 of us plus girl/boy friends) and sandwiches to be made for taking to work most days.

Do you bake all your own bread? I do try to but I don't keep up with the demand when I'm home (4 of us plus girl/boy friends) and sandwiches to be made for taking to work most days.

No, just when I feel like baking. We don't eat bread that much anymore. We have a decent bakery pretty close, but the price of bread from there versus what it costs to make is ridiculous, so I do try, just sometimes don't feel like messing with it.

No, just when I feel like baking. We don't eat bread that much anymore. We have a decent bakery pretty close, but the price of bread from there versus what it costs to make is ridiculous, so I do try, just sometimes don't feel like messing with it.

Bread is cheap to buy here. But is it expensive to make from scratch, do you think? I don't know as I haven't costed it out. Like you, I tend to make it when I feel like it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom