What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone from England remember the chippies when all they sold was cod (and/or haddock) and chips?

As it was snooker Friday today we settled on Haianese chicken rice again for tea (images previously posted). I asked if they had pork.

"We no have pok, we have chicken lice, only chicken lice! You want pok you go pok lice shop!"

Anyway, the chicken rice was exceptional (as were the cod/haddock and chips in the 50s/60s.)

I saw your recipe, and I'm a bit surprised you didn't sneak some naga viper peppers in there somehow. But, it's a beautiful plate, and it sounds delicious, even without the heat.

Yeah - its the second time I've made this recipe. The recipe uses Hungarian paprika which is very hot - not like the Spanish paprika which I normally get which is mild. I bought it over the internet for the Hungarian Goulash cookalong and it was a revelation! But this recipe (which is super simple) would also work with chillies and naga vipers would be right up my street!

I guess we are going to have another entry into the chicken challenge. There was a huge mess up in a job Craig was going to today so he's been driving around wasting a bunch of time, so I had to come up with something for dinner. I've never made this before but have wanted to for some time. Should be fun!

Last edited:
I had a huge, triple decker Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on white bread this morning. Carrot/mango juice sweetened with blue agave to wash it down.

And for dinner, I'm picking up Chinese takeout. Roast chicken Yat Gaw Mein soup, boneless bbq ribs, Shrimp Chow Mein, and Pork Chow Ho Fun.

It's very nice to go trav'ling
To Paris London and Rome
It's oh so nice to go trav'ling
But it's so much nicer, yes it's so much nicer, to come home

Especially when sausage and beans sarnies are on the menu:

sausage bread beans 2 s.jpg

Wow, looks like you nailed the yolk.

Both the raviolo and spicy chicken are really making me hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom