What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20180310_162041.jpg
20180310_162003.jpg
20180310_172903.jpg

..picked up parts for the obsolete Cuisinart/Robot Coupe, then shopping..then pub :cheers:
Then spent the rest of the afternoon making a few jars of Seville marmalade..it is to die for!
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/seville_orange_marmalade/

marmalade 03_2018.jpg

Can't see the orange slices, but it is orange intensive...
No pectin..just what the pulp/pips made..it took a long time to bring it slowly to 222F
..then boiling water canning ..~8-10 mins.

Now I require lots of toast! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
..picked up parts for the obsolete Cuisinart/Robot Coupe, then shopping..then pub :cheers:
Then spent the rest of the afternoon making a few jars of Seville marmalade..it is to die for!
View attachment 14488
No pectin..just what the pulp/pips made..it took a long time to bring it slowly to 222F

I have tried marmalade a few times but haven't acquired the taste.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts were on special, so I decided to throw something together. I made a pocket in the breasts and stuffed it with fresh sage, prosciutto and gruyere. I roasted the cloves from two heads of garlic and made a garlic, mushroom, sage and marsala cream sauce. I didn't use a recipe, so no challenge entry.

36788-albums1110-picture7261.jpg

View attachment 14488

I love marmalade and Seville oranges make the very best. I haven't made it for ages but one fun twist is to add whisky...

My dad LOVED orange marmalade. I always thought of it as a particular thing to Ireland and England because they were the only folks with such devotion.
When I went on holiday to a place that had special marmalade, it was an easy gift to pick up for my dad, especially in his latter years (as in what do you give a 90 year old for a gift besides love and respect?)

I always thought of it as chunky orange jelly, sort of like you would have chunky peanut butter.

A copycat recipe I came up with for meatball tacos from Johnny Sanchez's in NOLA. The meatballs are ground beef with a puree of roasted poblano peppers, onions and garlic among other things. The sauce is roasted tomatoes, onion, garlic and Chipotle chiles in Adobo among other things. Pickled red onions, a crumbly Mexican cheese, chopped cilantro, and Chipotle mayo are the other condiments.

2018-03-11 18.02.03.jpg

Last edited:
Chicken marinating for tomorrow's kebabs.

Marinating chicken s.jpg

Evening meal, Monday. Hospital food after I've added some cracked pepper to it.
There's a salad as well.

Apologies if the files are really big.

DSC_2829.JPG
DSC_2830.JPG

There's tofu, pumpkin and green bean curry with creamed potatoes, and the 'salad' which is basically 2 slices of cucumber, 2 pieces of carrot, 2 thin slices of celery, 2 small cherry tomatoes (actually very nice) and some mixed leaves though not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom