What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went spelunking in the freezer and pantry tonight and found some leftover roast turkey and a jar of turkey gravy, so I'm going to make a hot open turkey sandwich.

And a little further in I found a can of cranberry sauce!
I love turkey!

Braised pork ribs with rigatoni ..saw the recipe on TV..and I'm easily influenced .. :)
Recipe here : http://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/braised-pork-ribs-with-rigatoni/
But I used the not very good "under" slab scrappy of ribs/ends..and plain canned plum tomatoes..cheap bastard that I am..
Also, I'd suggest wilting/caramelizing the onions in a separate pan..as they tend to overly burn on the fused brown pork specks in the pot.
First go at it..may save the recipe..maybe not.. GF loves it!.. me?..whatever..

pork ribs rigatoni.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BAFDA896-250A-4481-BF11-CD534CE3B233.jpeg

When my daughter was three years old, she invented a new soup: she combined tomato soup with cream of potato soup, and tomato potato soup was born.

Over the years, her grandparents have made their version of tomato potato soup for her, which is mostly chunks of potato, with some tomato in it. I never told them, but I liked her version better.

I don’t know what took me so long, but I finally decided to make my interpretation. It’s a tomato basil soup, with shoestring fries providing a crunchy element. It’s her birthday soon, and I think she’ll like it.

Last edited:
View attachment 14428

When my daughter was three years old, she invented a new soup: she combined tomato soup with cream of potato soup, and tomato potato soup was born.

Over the years, her grandparents have made their version of tomato potato soup for her, which is mostly chunks of potato, with some tomato in it. I never told them, but I liked her version better.

I don’t know what took me so long, but I finally decided to make my interpretation. It’s a tomato basil soup, with shoestring fries providing a crunchy element. It’s her birthday soon, and I think she’ll like it.
As a child growing up we often used to have grated cheddar cheese in tomato soup. We loved it.

Hospital meals again...

Lunch was a very nice vegan salad based on brown rice, seaweed, edmame beans, white cabbage and a very nice dressing. Despite the size of the portion of only had 660Kj which is roughly 175Kcals if I have the conversion correct (aussie is totally metric including keeping track of 8,700Kj a day!

Evening meal, well they mustered it up getting me a vegan meal in roughly an hour which impressed me but sadly the menu hasn't been updated yet.
It was a vegan casserole, with a generous helping of tofu in it (good for protein), the casserole consisted of beans, carrots, tomatoes, I think I spotted a courgette and the tofu (which I like). It was served with carrots, white beans (too many and very hard) and skinned jacket potatoes which were slighting undercooked. I only ate the tofu and casserole sauce (including a few beans, courgette piece and tomato piece). I had half the pot of stewed apricots. Hubby needed something to eat as well but wouldn't eat the bread or any veg, and like me doesn't like the soya custard that is also served with it.

Breakfast I won't get, I'm fasting from midnight! Hopefully I will get an evening meal! I'm even optimistic of choosing it!

View attachment 14428

I have never been keen on tinned/canned soup. My husband makes a very tasty broccoli and blue cheese soup, also leek and potato with grated cheese added at end.

Leftover chicken from last night's Chicken Achiote - with black Marmande tomatoes, radicchio and charred asparagus:
I saw your recipe, and I'm a bit surprised you didn't sneak some naga viper peppers in there somehow. But, it's a beautiful plate, and it sounds delicious, even without the heat.

Shrimp shu mai and some kind of fat Korean noodles in homemade dashi for lunch today. Not sure about dinner yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom