What did you cook/eat today (May 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend was extolling the benefits of pre-made packets of curry paste (specifically, Vermont (Japanese) pastes), and in particular that it takes no time at all to produce a meal.

Today I cooked a chicken curry and I timed the process to prove him wrong.
Wow...well-done! I think we can all agree that homemade will always beat premade in terms of taste. And, if someone is as good at curries it as you are, I imagine the time element is also less of a factor. Best of all, what you made looks fantastic. :bravo:

Chicken Caesar salad with homemade dressing and fresh croutons made with homemade bread.
If my salads looked like this, I wouldn't be so bored at the prospect of having a salad! I love the big shreds of Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Now, for the dressing, did you add anchovies? I always make mine with anchovies, and the oil from the anchovy jar. I guess you could say that I like anchovies. :hyper:

If my salads looked like this, I wouldn't be so bored at the prospect of having a salad! I love the big shreds of Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Now, for the dressing, did you add anchovies? I always make mine with anchovies, and the oil from the anchovy jar. I guess you could say that I like anchovies. :hyper:

Thanks. We love this salad meal.

We had about 1/3 of a tube of anchovy paste so I used that up, but I generally use anchovy fillets packed in oil. I use an old fashion vege peeler on a big wedge of Parm to get those nice shavings.

Multi meat bolognese with freshly made pappardelle. A simple salad prior. It has ground beef and turkey, bacon, hot and mild Italian sausage, chicken thighs, and chicken livers. It takes 2-3 days to prepare depending on how focused I am. We get anywhere from 8-10 meals out of it.

2018-05-16 18.00.40.jpg

I always forget how simple and quick it is to make fresh pasta. Just make the dough early in the day, wrap it, let it rest in the fridge for a few hours and then roll. We have some leftover crab knuckle meat from the stone crab claws we had recently and I plan on making ravioli filling with a roasted red bell sauce next week.

I'm a day ahead of most of you guys, last night after a cold snap I made lamb chop casserole and served with mashed spud and a mash of carrot parsnip and pumpkin all from the wife's garden. Good food for a cold day.

Russ

I made some great tomato relish this past summer, really nice with cheese and crackers. I quite often have a late night snack. Preferred cheese is masdaam followed by havarti. Love my cheese board.

Russ
Oh, wow. I've gotten myself so conditioned to avoid unhealthy things that I've nearly forgotten the joy of cutting from a good block of cheese and crunching into a cracker. Thank you so much for reminding me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom