What did you cook/eat today (May 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khow pad kai carry oot (my egg).

Khow pad gai 5 s.jpg

Khow pad gai 6 s.jpg

The omelette and the rice look really nice. I'll add these to my 'to try' list.

Lunch was an impromptu picnic. We bought humus, olives, cherry tomatoes, tortilla chips and gf bread. It would have been better with some pitta bread but it was a small shop with a limited gf section.

Tonight we had a summery dinner of salmon, asparagus, quinoa with a selection of herbs (thyme, oregano and curly parsley), and a salsa verde of lemon balm, olive oil, and garlic.

<><wiping face >>> looks good, mg. :happy:

Lunch today was a quick dashi, seaweed, and udon noodle soup.
I almost wrote down all of the amounts to actually write it up as a simple recipe.

2 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon paste (or your favourite bouillon cube)
1 1/12 cup Udon noodles
(that's as far as I got with precise measurements)

6 or 7 swishes of Japanese soy sauce
3 or 4 swishes of Thai fish sauce
A good handful of chopped, dried seaweed

Bring liquids, paste, and seaweed to a boil, add noodles, boil for just a minute.

Done.

Last edited:
Last night's dinner was a simple stir fry of sautéed potatoes, onions, garlic, chestnut mushrooms, strips of red pepper, and spring greens, cooked in butter and oil mix, with a touch of freshly ground black pepper and crushed chilli, and some chopped brazil nuts sprinkled over afterwards. Afters was a fresh, juicy pear. Everything was organic except the oil, the nuts, the black pepper and the chilli, and the flavour was superb!

WP_20180519_20_04_00_Pro.jpg

Last night's dinner was a simple stir fry of sautéed potatoes, onions, garlic, chestnut mushrooms, strips of red pepper, and spring greens, cooked in butter and oil mix, with a touch of freshly ground black pepper and crushed chilli, and some chopped brazil nuts sprinkled over afterwards. Afters was a fresh, juicy pear. Everything was organic except the oil, the nuts, the black pepper and the chilli, and the flavour was superb!

View attachment 16245

Lovely colours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom