What did you cook/eat today (May 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I made Portuguese prawn cakes (Rissóis de Camarão). Delicious. I tried making them before but I was using GF flour and I though they tasted nice I could not get the shape to hold. So, I made some at my parents' house with normal flour and they turned out really nice.
20180516_182324.jpg

Last edited:
Another bagged salad of green cabbage, red cabbage, romaine, carrots, green onions, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, Greek yogurt and poppyseed Dressing.

Then, leftover pizza with garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, raw onion, and Frank's Hot Sauce.

Dessert is a Swiss Milka chocolate bar.

Last edited:
A friend was extolling the benefits of pre-made packets of curry paste (specifically, Vermont (Japanese) pastes), and in particular that it takes no time at all to produce a meal.

Today I cooked a chicken curry and I timed the process to prove him wrong.

A widow of a friend called around on Wednesday. She has discovered an excellent way of cooking chicken curry with virtually no effort at all. She gave my wife Bht 350.00 ($12.00) to buy the ingredients and asked her to ring when it was ready!

A widow of a friend called around on Wednesday. She has discovered an excellent way of cooking chicken curry with virtually no effort at all. She gave my wife Bht 350.00 ($12.00) to buy the ingredients and asked her to ring when it was ready!

Love this.

From the Burger Meister cookbook, a burger with roasted jalapeños and onions in the meat mixture; with a mustard, onion, sage relish; piquant avocado spread with roasted jalapeño and hot sauce; and "buns" of homemade puffy fresh sage tortillas. It's been a really long time since we had made this and we are now kicking ourselves, course that's really hard considering how stuffed we are. Oh, smoked gouda cheese too.

2018-05-18 17.44.35.jpg

From the Burger Meister cookbook, a burger with roasted jalapeños and onions in the meat mixture; with a mustard, onion, sage relish; piquant avocado spread with roasted jalapeño and hot sauce; and "buns" of homemade puffy fresh sage tortillas. It's been a really long time since we had made this and we are now kicking ourselves, course that's really hard considering how stuffed we are. Oh, smoked gouda cheese too.

View attachment 16224

Oh...oh...how good that sounds!

buns" of homemade puffy fresh sage tortillas.

Lovely.

I was very lazy and made mashed swede, boiled potatoes and a vegan haggis (the haggis was ready-made and microwaved) with gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom