What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were good, Yorky! I still have a few pieces left in the refrigerator, if you're going to be in the neighborhood. :wink:

I think if I drilled down through the centre of the earth I may just end up where you are.

[Edit: Although I've just checked and I would actually be offshore Peru].

Last edited:
Bacon and mushroom pizza (again!).

bacon pizza 1 s.jpg

bacon pizza 2 s.jpg

Interesting - was either the batter or tofu flavoured with anything?

Tofu with a simple batter accompanied with peanuts sauce. A very light batter make with rice flour.
Hubby had curry chicken and white rice.
My starter was a delicious papaya and soya germogli salad (I don't know how to translate germogli in English now).

Tofu with a simple batter accompanied with peanuts sauce. A very light batter make with rice flour.
Hubby had curry chicken and white rice.
My starter was a delicious papaya and soya germogli salad (I don't know how to translate germogli in English now).

Bean sprouts (sprouted seeds?) - in this case sprouts from soya beans I think. I often sprout beans (and peas/lentils). Its easy! just soak them in water and place on a windowsill in a saucer. I haven't tried soya beans but I have some in the cupboard so I will have a go. Here are some I made earlier (a mix of peas and urid dhal).

IMGP1921.jpg

I have some catching up to do! Friday night I had the remaining corn dhansak which I'd put in the freezer.
It had frozen really well. And of course the added bonus was that it tasted spicier! Last night I had a stir-fry - onions, carrot, red peppers, French beans, and cherry tomatoes, with garlic, chilli, ginger, soy sauce, nuts, and a splash of peanut oil, served with plain rice. I'm still thinking about what to have tonight but as I've had a busy few days, it will be something quick.

Inspired by @morning glory 's post in the alphabet thread I suddenly had the urge to make eggy bread. The perfect recovery meal! Sorry, but it was so good that I ate it all before I even considered taking a photo. I think I earned it after 55 very hilly miles cycling up to Edenfield which involved a challenging route north of Bolton and Rochdale. At the cafe I had the most delicous rhubarb frangipan tart.

Inspired by @morning glory 's post in the alphabet thread I suddenly had the urge to make eggy bread. The perfect recovery meal! Sorry, but it was so good that I ate it all before I even considered taking a photo. I think I earned it after 55 very hilly miles cycling up to Edenfield which involved a challenging route north of Bolton and Rochdale. At the cafe I had the most delicous rhubarb frangipan tart.

It sounds like you earned it! Well done for the cycle ride. How do you make eggy bread and what do you have with it (if anything)?

My guess is that eggy bread=French toast.

Mmmm, French toast. Haven't had that for a while. Must get Challah bread...

My guess is that eggy bread=French toast.

Mmmm, French toast. Haven't had that for a while. Must get Challah bread...

The way I make eggy bread is to beat up an egg in a shallow bowl. Then submerge a slice of bread. Then fry on both sides. One egg will do two slices. I used to find it a handy snack when I had two hungry children but only one egg left!

I like it with brown sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom