What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese & Watercress Tart:

fullsizeoutput_457e.jpeg

Today:
Made bacon and fried eggs, seasoned with some onion, turmeric and pepper.
Lunch: At a Japanese restaurant, had the salmon poke bowl, miso soup, and some yellowtail and king snapper sashimi.
Dinner will be a lamb chop (uncertain as to how I'll hit up my herbs and spices atm) and a salad with homemade ginger-carrot dressing (leftover from a potluck I brought it to last weekend - the dressing, that is, the original salad is long gone).

We get those as well, but I've not added them to soup yet. However we do add the fava beans both in chilli and capsicum and balsamic vinegar flavours to our soups .

Eaten last night and earlier in the week.
Mushroom bisque with fava bean croutons.
View attachment 23596
These are what we add as croutons
_20190413_092538.JPG

Last edited:
Looks yummy.

Russ

They're addictive, and delicious. Don't often find a mom & pop place that makes these Polish or Russian treats. They're also popular in Nebraska, I've read. They make all their own potato & pasta salads.

Last edited:
Initially, I marinated about 1 kg of chicken overnight for chicken tikka. I cooked 250 gms of this the next day and then froze the remaining 750 gm in with the marinade. A week or so later I defrosted the marinated chicken and cooked the chicken for inclusion within a masala. It worked well. I then froze 500 gms of the chicken tikka masala for later. Upon defrosting it was still extremely tasty - this is the last portion. With onion and potato bhaji and yellow aromatic rice.

Yesterday I took a pack of Sac a Lait out of the freezer. Sac a Lait is a white fleshed, very tender fresh water pan fish
It is called different names in different regions of the country. (U.S.)
Fried the fish in a beer batter. Beer battered onion rings, homemade tartar sauce and a mixed green salad.

Last night I got lemon chicken and combo noodles from a shop that has just reopened after a fire. I was so disappointed at the lemon chicken. Meat was tough as old boots, the cat got most of it, however the noodles were 9/10. I've just reheated and finished them off. I won't be going back there again. It's a shame a its a small business and I try to support the wee guys.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom