What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean you sprinkled turmeric on the egg after cooking?

I sprinkle it (just on the egg) while cooking.

Sort of a way to get the hopeful health bennies of turmeric, synergizing with the pepper. The bacon in the current pack is a pepper-bacon, but when I don't have that, I just grind the pepper over the eggs while they're cooking, too.

So, night before last I went out with some colleagues from work for a few beers and a meal. Started off in the main town for Guernsey called St. Peter Port in a pub called The Golden Lion that does a variety of ales.
Started with The Hare and the Hedgehog, an Oakham ales. Then a Monsoon from Leeds brewery.
Went to the restaurant, Octopus, and ate baby octopus casserole, rare steak with bearnaise sauce and finished with a chocolate and salted caramel mousse.
20190412_182507.jpg

20190412_194305.jpg

While there I had a Marstons Oyster Stout and a Brew Dog IPA.
I also tried an Absinthe for the first time.
Went to sort the money out and our manager said "no guys, I'm getting this." Winner winner.
Went up to the Cock and Bull and had a Camden Pale Ale from the Camden Town Brewery, went next door to Cornerstones and had a Loosehead from the White Rock Brewery and then finished off back at the Golden Lion with a Cheeky Monkey from the Bootleg Brewery.

Last edited:
A project manager of ours was "required" to eat an octopus by the mayor of Daishan Island, offshore China. It was alive!

A project manager of ours was "required" to eat an octopus by the mayor of Daishan Island, offshore China. It was alive!

Someone I know was one of the lead engineers for a company that supplied airfield nav aids. He was doing some field work in far eastern island (don't remember the name) with a colleague. He had had experience there a few years back and knew that the meal almost certainly involved slightly (to us) unusual food like snakes eyes, fried spiders, animal testicles etc.
Now he didn't really like the colleague that much so he told him that the meal started half an hour or so after it really did. He arrived early and ate all the stuff like pork ribs etc. And when his colleague arrived he was left with the deep fried spiders etc.

So, night before last I went out with some colleagues from work for a few beers and a meal. Started off in the main town for Guernsey called St. Peter Port in a pub called The Golden Lion that does a variety of ales.
Started with The Hare and the Hedgehog, an Oakham ales. Then a Monsoon from Leeds brewery.
Went to the restaurant, Octopus, and ate baby octopus casserole, rare steak with bearnaise sauce and finished with a chocolate and salted caramel mousse.
View attachment 23640

View attachment 23641

Went to sort the money out and our manager said "no guys, I'm getting this." Winner winner.
Went up to the Cock and Bull and had a Camden Pale Ale from the Camden Town Brewery, went next door to Cornerstones and had a Loosehead from the White Rock Brewery and then finished off back at the Golden Lion with a Cheeky Monkey from the Bootleg Brewery.

That is quite a pub crawl!

View attachment 23640

View attachment 23641

Real ales are making a big comeback. Sounds like a great evening.

@Yorky
My beautiful niece and her sweet husband graduated from the university in May 2011. They married in June and In August they moved to South Korea to teach english as a second language
They spent a year in South Korea. Baby Sister (niece 's Mom) has photos of nephew eating raw octopus
His cheeks are distorted by the suction of the octopus tentacles
Both very gross and very funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom