What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, "Beet" and "chili" with one "L" on the menu. Have you possibly eaten <gasp> American vegan food? :eek:

On a serious note, I've heard nothing but good things about corn ribs. They look good. What did you think of them?

I would actually at least try all of the things you ordered. :okay: I don't think I have ever had anything seasoned with za'atar, but I've never found it in any stores near me. There is a Middle-Eastern store in Dallas that I used to go to for breads, but haven't been there in a while.

CD
I had corn ribs a few weeks ago for the first time. Best part of the meal.

Repeat lunch as I opened the can.
Creamed corn with ham cheese and lots white pepper.
Real good.

Russ

20231230_124303.jpg

Lunch was a case of "they need eating".... and a what can we put with them for protein...

20231230_121659.jpg

Done on the BBQ so hubby can see the fault I need him to look into (I'll raise it as a thread tomorrow for those who have BBQs. You might be able to help but I suspect I know the problem).

The corn had been destined for a cold soup, but the weather hadn't been warm enough! Lol

And then I cooked for our evening meal

Chickpea Pistou (2 varieties of chickpeas, soaked and then cooked with coriander, cumin and garlic in their cooking water)... it makes a difference to their flavour.

20231230_144227.jpg
20231230_144225.jpg

Sorry if this looks a little too healthy after our white bread lunch! 😆 its very tasty and the entire bottle of wine went into it. Once the chickpeas ate cooked, the only liquid in the pistou is the white wine.

20231230_175400.jpg

Hmmmm, looks like a quesadilla with some chili sauce on top. Interesting idea.

CD
It was a layer of chilli, a layer of peppers, mushrooms and onions with a smoky fajita style coating, a layer of cheese, then my tomato pizza sauce on top. With plain tortillas between each layer. It's a great way of using up leftovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom