What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7179.jpeg

They’re comically <bleep>ing up today, but we watched a Hallmark movie last night and it’s still Christmas in my heart, so she gets a pass. :laugh:

So, I spent an hour cleaning my oven and stove top and what do I decide to make tonight for dinner? The mortal enemy of a just cleaned stove top..... Homemade Spaghetti sauce. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh, I got something that can beat that... cook up some Chicken Fried Steak in a cast iron skillet. That will mess up your cooktop, your backsplash, your kitchen floor, your vent hood, and your clothing. It could even put a few grease spots on your ceiling. :laugh:

CD

Explain it please. It looks great and I'd love to see the recipe.

I've made it a couple of times. The tahdig is term for the crusty outside. So potato tahdig is made with potatoes. I haven't yet mixed potatoes and pasta though.

The one I've made previously (many times now) was Recipe - Maghluba (Palestinian Upside-down Rice)

On the occasion these photos were taken, I was lacking electricity, so couldn't finish it off in the oven to get the potatoes really golden. I had to do the whole thing on the gas BBQ.

Oh, I got something that can beat that... cook up some Chicken Fried Steak in a cast iron skillet. That will mess up your cooktop, your backsplash, your kitchen floor, your vent hood, and your clothing. It could even put a few grease spots on your ceiling. :laugh:

CD
It's the same "logic" as when I find cat toys in the washing machine you think to yourself "how the hell?......"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom