What is your current "read"?

View attachment 10041

Just could not resist picking up Three Michelin Star, French Chef Gerald Passédat´s New Cookbook at a tiny bookshop in Montpellier yesterday .. The U.K. Photographer Richard Haughton is absolutely incredible .. It is in French at moment only. We have eaten at his amazing Restaurant Le Petit Nice in Marseille a few times ..[/ATTACH]

@morning glory

Photographer Richard Haugton is beyond the zoom ! I am uncertain how well known he actually is in The U.K. as he has taken thousands of photographs of French food art and French Chefs .. However, he does have a website .. He is best known for his food photography .. I am a grand fan of his work ..

A exceptional coffee table book however, just a brief thumb throught reveals some amazing recipes ..

Have a lovely day ..
Soon lunch time and we shall go to a lovely Vietnamese Restaurant in Vieux Port - Marseille .. It is interesting that there are quite a few top notch Vietnamese Restaurants in Vieux Port or close to (by foot - 5 minutes) ..

I prefer print books however, online Reading of books surely takes up less room !

My book collection, requires an apartment of their own ! Or a Villa may even be too small. Perhaps a castle !!!

My husband, dad and father in law converted a bedroom in our apartment to a Library just for my gastronomic book collection !!

I just bought another book last night !! I am dangerous in book shops, 2nd hand book shops, thrift store books, flea market book stalls and book fairs ..

Terribly addicting !!!

@Yorky

Definitely dangerous around books !!!

I could be quite collective !!!

Have a lovely day ..

View attachment 10041

Just could not resist picking up Three Michelin Star, French Chef Gerald Passédat´s New Cookbook at a tiny bookshop in Montpellier yesterday .. The U.K. Photographer Richard Haughton is absolutely incredible .. It is in French at moment only. We have eaten at his amazing Restaurant Le Petit Nice in Marseille a few times ..[/ATTACH]

@Lynne Guinne

So terribly dangerous in book shops !! Could not resist ! The photography is just so so incredibly impacting ..

Have a lovely evening.

Thank you.

I actually don't have a "Kindle". I have Kindle for PC which is installed on my laptop and Kindle for Android which is installed on my phone. Maybe if I was still a regular traveller I would invest in a Kindle reader as the battery lasts substantially longer than the two devices that I have (so I am informed).
I have a very ancient Sony eReader and an equally ancient Kindle, neither of which are backlit, but at the time smartphones were not common and very expensive. The Kindle does has an internet connection though, so I can borrow books from the Kindle library on it. Books which I buy, or are free, I usually look at on my phones, unless they have lots of photos in them, in which case I look at them on my tablet or my laptop. The two phones come in very handy for audiobooks as well as Kindle books, especially when I'm out and about, as I can slip them in one of my pockets (I very rarely carry a handbag, not round here).

@Lynne Guinne

So terribly dangerous in book shops !!

I can't resist bookshops, especially ones that sell secondhand books too. I can lose myself for hours.

I've spent the last couple of days sorting out my hobby room (a bedroom), and trying to make room for more books in my library (another bedroom). It's been about 20 years since either of those rooms contained a bed.

@Elawin

I can see we are both highly dangerous in Book shops, 2nd Hand Book stores, Book fairs and Book stalls ! Soon, we shall have to rent an apartment just for our books !!!

Have a lovely day ..

I suppose everything must go digital, but I was saddened to hear that Pears' Cyclopaedia will no longer be published. The very first, rather bizarrely, was published by Pears' Soap in 1897.

In a rare show of academic zeal during my school years, I once received a prize for Latin. The prize was in the form of a book token and I used it to buy a copy of Pears' Cyclopaedia. Sadly, I no longer have the book, but it was put to good use and it's a shame that it won't be around for much longer.

I suppose everything must go digital, but I was saddened to hear that Pears' Cyclopaedia will no longer be published. The very first, rather bizarrely, was published by Pears' Soap in 1897.

In a rare show of academic zeal during my school years, I once received a prize for Latin. The prize was in the form of a book token and I used it to buy a copy of Pears' Cyclopaedia. Sadly, I no longer have the book, but it was put to good use and it's a shame that it won't be around for much longer.

I remember we had a copy when I was a kid - the famous blowing bubbles picture inside:

59075.jpg

I can't say that I do. We are, however, talking about 45 years ago and while my memory is able to dredge up certain things, there are limits to its capacity.

Although it's more likely that I'd be able to recall something from 45 years ago rather than 45 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom