What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

what are they?
Potato chips/crisps.

They used to have trucks, painted like the tin, that delivered the tins. You'd bring in your old empty tin and they'd give you a fresh filled one. I don't remember how much they cost exactly, but they were a little more expensive than bagged supermarket chips. Several people in an office I used to work at had a standing order so we were on 1 of their routes.

Last edited:
Just so you know, you mentioned stopping by for a cuppa on your Grand Tour-US Edition, and I couldn’t keep my brain from putting together an afternoon tea menu…American-style.

I’ve got it all worked out except for the top tier (that’ll come to me sometime during the night tonight :laugh: )!
Well that would be a delight.
Except I can stop your brain in it's tracks with one word when it comes to afternoon tea.. coeliac ☹️
I'd still like the tea though!

Well that would be a delight.
Except I can stop your brain in it's tracks with one word when it comes to afternoon tea.. coeliac ☹️
I'd still like the tea though!
I could probably work around the sandwiches tier, but that’d really impact what I had planned for the 2nd tier… 🤔

I could probably work around the sandwiches tier, but that’d really impact what I had planned for the 2nd tier… 🤔

Gluten free is a whole other ball game and not one I'd advise willingly dipping your toes in as GF flour doesn't behave in the same way as gluten full.

Mind you, you have one over there which I've used here (at great cost because it's imported) called Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 which is a delight compared with other GF flours because it doesn't taste weird and you can replace the normal flour in your recipes like for like (hence it being called 1 to 1) might load up my shipping crate with it when I depart the USA's shores!

Last edited:
Just so you know, you mentioned stopping by for a cuppa on your Grand Tour-US Edition, and I couldn’t keep my brain from putting together an afternoon tea menu…American-style.

I’ve got it all worked out except for the top tier (that’ll come to me sometime during the night tonight :laugh: )!
Should I drive down? I think you're about 3 hours away?

Every Thursday Earth Fare Market has these eggs for $1.99 a dozen. I usually go every 3 weeks but I went yesterday because I made deviled eggs for 12 people at Easter brunch and gave a dozen to MIL. There's a limit of 4 cartons per person and I always get 4 (they are normally over $5 per carton).
20240405_134459.jpg
20240405_134528.jpg

They also sent me a 20% produce department coupon. I hit the discount rack and found a bag of shiitake and cremini mushrooms.
20240405_124344.jpg
20240405_124355.jpg

I also picked up some perfectly ripe large avocados. There were 5 in the bag.
20240405_140138.jpg
20240405_140149.jpg

20% discount on top of that is wow!!

Weis Markets - picked up a 7 pound Smithfield spiral hickory smoked honey glazed ham . . . $10.00
more than a 50% discount . . . selll by 5/15 . . . that's 12+ dinner servings
+ little pcs diced for ham&cheese omelets, etc.... thinking Egg McMuffin with diced ham&cheese . . .

Weis Markets - picked up a 7 pound Smithfield spiral hickory smoked honey glazed ham . . . $10.00
more than a 50% discount . . . selll by 5/15 . . . that's 12+ dinner servings
+ little pcs diced for ham&cheese omelets, etc.... thinking Egg McMuffin with diced ham&cheese . . .
Every time we run over that way, we stop in a Weis or two, just to get stuff we can’t get over here.

Back
Top Bottom