What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

IMG_4274.jpeg

Finally got my truffles today!

View attachment 111261
YUM
What are they sitting on?
I love truffles. A lot of the super expensive foods I do like but think it's just scarcity and they're a bit kings clothes, truffles though I love!

When I'm in Spain I always buy truffles. They are much better priced there. Possibly because they are the worlds largest producer and exporter of the good mould 😂

YUM
What are they sitting on?
I love truffles. A lot of the super expensive foods I do like but think it's just scarcity and they're a bit kings clothes, truffles though I love!

When I'm in Spain I always buy truffles. They are much better priced there. Possibly because they are the worlds largest producer and exporter of the good mould 😂

Short grain rice. I always put them in rice when we get them home. They stay good for at least 10 days in rice.

We haven't bought any in quite a while, but were just a mile or so away from the purveyor today, so I called to see if they were in stock, and they were!

I remember when amazon parcels equaled excitement, but now with the 'amazon day delivery' it equals more boring chores for me, all the dullness delivered on a single day!

Today was weird size batteries for the garage door openers, odd size light bulbs for the extractor fan, leather conditioner for the sofa (amazing how much of that stuff they soak up if you don't do it for 15 years 😬😂) oven liner that'll need cutting to size and bathroom sealant (redoing sealer, my favourite job, not).

But joy of joys the jujubes were in there so that's something. Put my index finger in the pic as a size gauge 👍

IMG_2254.jpeg

Kroger and international market:

IMG_7910.jpeg

ATK says Boar’s Head do the best pickles, so I’m trying them.

IMG_7911.jpeg

Finally, decaf whole beans in a big bag and a reasonable price!

Those tomatoes are interesting. Another product ATK gives top marks to. “SMT” and all that Italian writing…they must be Italian, right? Wrong…they’re from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Indiana (I think)! But ATK just rated them their favorite, so I’m trying those as well.

IMG_7912.jpeg

No salt & vinegar, though. 😢

IMG_7913.jpeg

More of those big sumo oranges.

IMG_7914.jpeg

Caramel apple for MrsT, Sugar Bee apples for MrsT, raspberries and blackberries for tomorrow’s dessert.

I remember when amazon parcels equaled excitement, but now with the 'amazon day delivery' it equals more boring chores for me, all the dullness delivered on a single day!

Today was weird size batteries for the garage door openers, odd size light bulbs for the extractor fan, leather conditioner for the sofa (amazing how much of that stuff they soak up if you don't do it for 15 years 😬😂) oven liner that'll need cutting to size and bathroom sealant (redoing sealer, my favourite job, not).

But joy of joys the jujubes were in there so that's something. Put my index finger in the pic as a size gauge 👍

View attachment 111469

What are jujubes? I could look it up but... and how do you use them?

Back
Top Bottom