When was the last time you ate an egg?

I think they taste a little richer. But you cook them in exactly the same way:

Here is a duck egg I cooked a few weeks ago: Home-made flatbread with charred aubergine puree, butternut squash roasted in tamarind and a fried duck egg. Topped with dill and Aji Molido dried chilli.

View attachment 7555

View attachment 7556
That looks amazing morning glory, it really does.

Yesterday we had about 15 eggs in the fridge remaining from the last purchase. In the afternoon, the fat lady from the local restaurant gave us 10 more. This afternoon my wife's mate brought another 16 courtesy of her mother's ducks. That's 41 bloody eggs!

I think the title of this thread for me should be "when did you not last eat an egg?"

Yesterday we had about 15 eggs in the fridge remaining from the last purchase. In the afternoon, the fat lady from the local restaurant gave us 10 more. This afternoon my wife's mate brought another 16 courtesy of her mother's ducks. That's 41 bloody eggs!

I think the title of this thread for me should be "when did you not last eat an egg?"
Does your wife eat eggs too? Maybe you need to make omelettes - they use three eggs at a time.

Does your wife eat eggs too? Maybe you need to make omelettes - they use three eggs at a time.

Yes, she does. I'll hard boil a few today to keep in the fridge. She eats them with soy sauce.

Omelette is on the menu for this evening. Potato, mushroom and tomato, I think.

eggs s.jpg

Last edited:
I never got around to pickling the eggs. We only have 4 left now. I'm sure the monks had plenty.

Back
Top Bottom