Anyone play an instrument?

medtran49

Legendary Member
Local time
10:27 PM
I took piano lessons for years and years, went as far as my teacher could take me. Then, decided I wanted an organ so parents got that for me. Dabbled for 2-3 years, then lost interest. I couldn't sit down and play the piano now.

Would like to learn the harp, but that supposedly is worse on your finger tips than guitar/banjo strings, and I work with my fingers, so that isn't going to happen as long as I'm still working.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
10:27 PM
I took piano lessons for years and years, went as far as my teacher could take me. Then, decided I wanted an organ so parents got that for me. Dabbled for 2-3 years, then lost interest. I couldn't sit down and play the piano now.

Would like to learn the harp, but that supposedly is worse on your finger tips than guitar/banjo strings, and I work with my fingers, so that isn't going to happen as long as I'm still working.
You might try a hammered dulcimer - similar sound and easy on the fingers.

View: https://youtu.be/alcRdeJ5kks

MypinchofItaly

Legendary Member
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
4:27 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
The only “instrument” I have ever played was my voice - if we can consider voice as an instrument (but I think it is). In my 20s I sang in a female rock/soul band.
I sometimes still sing but just for fun or under the shower.
My voice has changed during years of course, no more trained like years ago, yet sometimes I can still hit the right notes. The magic of shower..

Timenspace

Local time
4:27 AM
Forgot how to read music and I certainly don't remember any of the pieces I had memorized. I could probably pick it back up fairly quickly if i.wanted because I still have the finger dexterity.
If you ever decide to get back to piano, there are free sheet where it is decyphered and all written on it...surely you could do Happy Bday...it is vitalto restart with a level way way lower than your last one.
Or, start fresh with harp...👍😊

Top Bottom